Recreation for all... people with financial barriers
Do you have a limited budget? Are you a resident of North Vancouver? If you cannot afford the full fee to participate in a recreation program, we can help you get active at a reduced rate.
We Make it Easy. Here's How:
Just call us at 604987-Play (7529) and ask for an Access appointment at your local Community Recreation Centre. You can make an appointment to meet with someone at one of the following Centres:
- Delbrook Centre
- North Vancouver Tennis Centre
- Harry Jerome Centre
- John Braithwaite Community Centre
- Karen Magnussen Centre
- North Shore Neighbourhood House
- Parkgate Community Centre
- Ron Andrews Centre
Please bring to your appointment the following:
- Please bring proof of residency in North Vancouver (example - BC Hydro, telephone or cable bill)
Please also bring one of the following:
- A referral letter from a North Shore social services agency
- A tax assessment
- Disability Benefits statement
- Employment Insurance statement
- Income Assistance statement
Our staff will help you select the opportunities to participate at a reduced rate, depending on your goals and interests.
- Adults and youth, 15 years and older, can drop-in to 9 weight rooms at 6 locations and over 200 fitness classes.
Swim and Skate Pass
- Children, adults and youth can participate in public swim and skate sessions. Adults can participate in scheduled lane swimming sessions.
Registered Programs - arts, sports, swim and skate lessons and more
- Children, adults and youth can participate in a registered program.
There are alternative sources of funding available to help your children register for community sports groups. For more information check out KidSport and Athletics for Kids.