All facilities are open and NVRC continues to provide a range of activities and programs in line with current provincial safety guidelines. NVRC is offering services in line with Step 3 orders and we continue to work diligently to plan, prepare and increase our service levels. Our restart will be gradual. We will offer as much as we can as soon as we are able.
Proof of Vaccination Required from September 13, 2021 for Certain Activities
Starting Monday, September 13, 2021, customers attending certain activities at NVRC facilities (see list below) will be required to show proof of vaccination as required by the provincial health order.
The activities where proof of vaccination is required are:
- Fitness centre (13 years+)
- Adult fitness classes and programs (19 years+)
- Adult sports programs (19 years+)
- Adult dance programs (19 years+)
- Any indoor activities or rentals with over 50 participants* ( 12 years+) e. g. events, competitions, games or practices
- All adults (19 years+) attending Canlan Sports. For children/youth proof of vaccination requirements, see the skating page.
* Except for children and youth programs and activities (under the age of 22 years)
From Sunday, September 26, 2021 the health order directs that only the BC Vaccine Card can be accepted, either on a phone or a printed version. The transition period which permitted other forms of proof, e.g. the wallet sized immunization record card provided at the time of vaccination ended on Sep 26 and these other forms of proof will not be acceptable.
Please note an original piece of government-issued ID must be shown, (legible copies are permitted).
For these activities, from September 13, customers must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and starting October 24, 2021 customers must be fully vaccinated to enter an NVRC facility.
For any other activities, customers do not need to show proof of vaccination.
- Please allow extra time to enter the facilities before your activity.
- As per the health order, NVRC staff are not able to make exceptions to the public health order and are not able to admit any customers who do not provide the required proof of vaccination for the applicable activities.
What to Bring
- BC residents 19 years and older, must show their BC Vaccine Card – either on your mobile phone or a paper printed version and,
- A piece of valid government photo ID (legible copies are acceptable), for example:
- B.C. driver's licence or BC Services Card
- Photo ID issued by another province or territory
People from other provinces or territories
- Provincially/territorially officially recognized vaccine record
- Valid government photo ID
- Proof of vaccination they used to enter Canada (like ArriveCAN)
Youth aged 12-18 years
- Youth aged 12 to 18 can carry their own BC Vaccine Card, or have a trusted adult carry it for them
- Youth are not required to show valid government photo ID
Programs and Sessions at Canlan Ice Sports North Shore
Proof of vaccination is required for all adults 19 years+ before entering Canlan Ice Sports North Shore for any reason.
Age restriction notes:
- 11 years old and under – no requirement, can enter freely
- 12 – 18 years old – no requirement as long as they are only participating on ice and not visiting any other part of the facility*
- 12 – 18 years old – require passport but not photo ID if they are spectating, visiting the restaurant or visiting for any reason other than participating on ice
- 19+ years old – require passport and photo ID before entering facility for ANY reason.**
*Youth may be asked for their ID and passport if they appear over 19 years old. A polite response indicating their correct age will all that will be required.
**Unvaccinated adults cannot access the facility with youth. These youth should come fully dressed and ready to participate.
If you have any questions regarding NVRC operations, please call our call centre at 604 987 7529 or call the NVRC facility you plan to visit. Please note NVRC staff are not able to make any exceptions regarding proof of vaccination, as per the public health order.
NVRC will continue to provide services and amenities to the community while following all public health orders to keep the community safe and healthy. We thank you for your patience as we work through this together.
Vaccine Passport FAQs
1. Are there any exemptions?
A. The public health order does not allow any exceptions for the activities listed above. NVRC staff cannot make exceptions to the health order for customers who do not provide proof of vaccination for the activities above. Proof of vaccination is not required for other activities.
2. Do I need to provide proof of vaccination if I am just dropping off a child?
A. No, if you are dropping off a child or watching a child participate in other activities, proof of vaccination is not required. However, if you are also attending any of the activities above, proof of vaccination is required.
3. Where can I find more information regarding the public health order
A. Visit the BC provincial government website has for more information on the PHO order on proof of vaccination
4. Does this apply to all NVRC facilities?
A. Yes. All NVRC facilities are included in the public health order
5. Does this apply to outdoor classes and activities?
A. No. This does not apply to outdoor classes, which are outside throughout the activity.
Face Coverings /Masks
As of October 12, 2021 face coverings/masks must now be worn in all NVRC facilities by all customers 5 years and older. Masks are required in all public indoor spaces by public health order, including lobbies, hallways, washrooms, fitness centres and program areas, except when exercising or engaging in physical activity. Masks are encouraged for children aged 2 to 4 years in public settings.
NVRC Health & Safety Measures
Please view NVRC's health & safety measures before registering and participating in any of NVRC's programs or activities. If you would like further information please contact NVRC at 604-987-7529.
- Use the Find a program & Book a visit tool to view current options
The following activities have moved from pre-booking (Book-A-Visit) to drop-in only.
- Public swim, lane swimming, water walking
- Family skate, public skate
- Art studios (not including pottery studios)
- Certain JBCC family and seniors drop-ins
- Youth centres
Pre-booking will continue as usual for all other Book-A-Visit activities. The following will continue to be offered on a pre-registered Book-A-Visit basis:
- Masters Swim
- All Fitness Membership Classes
- Court bookings
You can book a visit for these activities, from 9am on the Monday, one week before the session. When a statutory holiday falls on a Monday, registration for the following week is on Tuesdays. You can do this online or by calling 604-987-7529.
Where to View Drop-in Schedules
The schedules and more details can be viewed in our registration system: Drop-In Schedules
Can’t make your pre-booked visit?
Please remember to cancel so others can sign up for the spot.
We know plans can change. So if you are unable to attend your pre-booked visit, we ask that you please cancel online as soon as you know you can’t attend. This will free up your spot for others who want to get active.
You can cancel a visit online and we ask that you cancel as early as possible (at least 24 hours in advance) so we can provide the spot to someone on the waitlist. Visit the registration support page to watch a how-to cancel video.