Live & Local brings together North Vancouver's most popular concert series and arts events to deliver 32 exciting and free cultural experiences for families, residents and visitors all summer long.
The Live & Local Series is presented by Darwin and sponsored by TD Bank Group and the North Shore News.
Want to know what's happening this summer on the North Shore? Download a copy of our Community Events Calendar.
The Live & Local series presents 17 free concerts on stages at Lynn Valley Village, Edgemont Village & Panorama Park in Deep Cove. Everyone is invited to come out and enjoy evenings filled with great music and dancing all summer long.
Lynn Valley Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- July 5 - Terminal Station (Blues / Rock)
- July 12 - Cayla Brooke (Jazz/Blues)
- July 19 - R&B Conspiracy (Classic Rhythm & Blues)
- July 26 - Wooden Horsemen (Folk & Blues)
- August 2 - Smith and Jones (Country Rock)
- August 9 - Trésor Otshudi (World Music)
- August 16 - Big Easy Funk Ensemble (New Orleans Funk)
- August 23 - Platform Soul (Disco Funk)
Deep Cove, Panorama Park Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- July 5 - Mostly Marley (Reggae)
- July 12 - Big City Soul (R&B / Soul)
- July 19 - Mazacote (Latin Dance)
- July 26 - Gary Comeau and the Voodoo Allstars (New Orleans Roots and Blues)
- August 2 - The Deep End (Soul & Funk)
Edgemont Village Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- August 2 - Nigel Mack & the Blues Attack (Chicago Blues)
- August 9 - Deanna Knight & The Hot Club of Mars (Swing / Jive)
- August 16 - The Motown Show (Classic Motown)
- August 23 - Adam Woodall Band (Folk Rock)
The Live & Local Outdoor culture series happens during the months of July and August at three North Vancouver locations; Parkgate Plaza, Lynn Valley Village & Civic Plaza. The culture series is an opportunity for community members of all ages to come out in the early evening and participate in a variety of creative activities and experiences.
Come and join in!
Civic Plaza Culture Stage - Thursdays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
City of North Vancouver Municipal Hall, 141 West 14th Street
- July 4 - Toe Tapping Time. Swing, sway and clap your hands to the dance performances of NVRC’s Scottish dance troupe, try a Hip Hop Dance workshop with Jess Dance and a pair of tap shoes with Tap Co!
- July 11 - Release the Rhythm. Come experience an interactive evening of drumming with Rhythm Resource plus ukulele class with JOJY Music. Get ready to try, hear and feel the beat!
- July 18 - Mountain Melodies. Bring the whole family for an evening of British-style brass tunes with the Little Mountain Brass Band.
- July 25 - Whirl & Twirl. Dance along with musical duo Ginger & Snap and enjoy the magic of the evening with your little ones.
Lynn Valley Culture Stage - Wednesdays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Lynn Valley Village, 1277 Lynn Valley Road
- July 10 - Feel the Beat. Move to the smooth and beautiful sounds of Rosewood's Marimba ensemble.
- July 17 - Music & Magic. An evening of cheer with interactive crafts, magic and youth Sm:)e band.
- July 24 - Starry Night. Enjoy the Mojo Stars, an R&B tinged blues-rock band that is guaranteed to get everyone out of their seats.
- July 31 - SHINE Young Artist Music Showcase. Come out and enjoy some of the North Shore's up-and-coming talent from Creativ Music Centre, backed by a live band.
- August 7 - Jazzy Tunes. Join members of East Vancouver`s unique carnival band, Tiny Islands to learn about brass instruments through their upbeat, can`t-sit-still jazz tunes.
- August 14 - Roots and Rhythm. Create Community with an African drum circle and learn new instruments with JOJY Music.
- August 21 - Hands on Fun. Creative clay play, active circus arts and make your own bouncy ball. An Interactive event for everyone!
Parkgate Plaza Culture Stage - Thursdays, 5:00 - 7:00pm
Parkgate Community Centre, 3625 Banff Court
- August 1 - Music in the Plaza. Learn a new instrument with JOJY Music and treat yourself to the can’t-sit-still jazz tunes of Tiny Islands.
- August 8 - Sean Ashby Live! Guitarist, singer, songwriter Sean Ashby joins us for an intimate summer evening performance.
- August 15 - Family Fun Night. Interactive fun with slimy science, creative clay play , then test your distance / aim with your handmade catapult crafts. Fun for everyone!
- August 22 - Latin Live! Create summer heat with Afro-Cuban-Latin band Marlin Ramazzini.