Live & Local brings together North Vancouver's most popular concert series (formerly the Friday Night Summer Concerts Series) and arts events to deliver 33 exciting and free cultural experiences for families, residents and visitors all summer long. The Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series is presented by Darwin Construction and sponsored by TD Bank and the North Shore News.
Want to know what's happening this summer on the North Shore? Download a copy of our Community Events Calendar.
The Live & Local series presents 17 free concerts on stages at Lynn Valley Village, Edgemont Village & Panorama Park in Deep Cove. Everyone is invited to come out and enjoy evenings filled with great music and dancing all summer long.
Deep Cove, Panorama Park Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- July 6 - Cayla Brooke (Jazz/Blues)
- July 13 - Big City Soul (R&B / Soul)
- July 20 - Mostly Marley (Reggae)
- July 27 - Copper Crow Blues Band (Chicago Blues)
- August 3 - Smith and Jones (CCR / Classic Rock)
Edgemont Village Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- August 3 - A Tribute to Aretha Franklin
- August 10 - Platform Soul (Disco Funk)
- August 17 - The Fab Fourever (Beatles Tribute)
- August 24 - Mazacote (Latin Dance)
Lynn Valley Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- July 6 - Deanna Knight & The Hot Club of Mars (Swing / Jive)
- July 13 - En Karma (Bhangra)
- July 20 - Terminal Station (Blues / Rock)
- July 27 - Gary Comeau and the Voodoo Allstars (New Orleans Roots and Blues)
- August 3 - Sam Spades (Rockabilly)
- August 10 - R&B Conspiracy (Classic Rhythm & Blues)
- August 17 - Big Easy Funk Ensemble (New Orleans Funk)
- August 25 - Adam Woodall Band (Folk Rock)
The Live & Local Outdoor Culture Stage series happens during the months of July and August at three North Vancouver locations; Parkgate Plaza, Lynn Valley Village & Civic Plaza. The Culture Stages are an opportunity for community members of all ages to come out in the early evening and participate in a variety of creative activities and experiences and to enjoy the sweet sounds of music performed on the colourful outdoor pianos that are part of the Pianos on the Street program. Artists from all types of disciplines are on hand to facilitate the fun.
Parkgate Plaza Culture Stage - Thursdays, 5:00 - 7:00pm
Parkgate Community Centre, 3625 Banff Court
- August 2 - Party in the Plaza. A Night of cheer with the youth Sm;) Band and dance with Luv 2 Groove.
- August 9 - Family Fun Night. A shared evenening of artistic and creative workshops for families to enjoy together including Fairfield Music's famly music jam.
- August 16 - The Mojo Stars. Toe-tappin', hoopswooshin' 50s fun night featuring blues band The Mojo Stars.
- August 23 - Colours of Bollywood. Join Bollywood star, Karima Essa, for a vibrant performance and dance workshop. Enjoy henna art and a community weaving project.
Lynn Valley Culture Stage - Wednesdays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Lynn Valley Village, 1277 Lynn Valley Road
- July 4 - Active Antics. Enjoy a musical comedy show with the Myrtle Sisters and try games and circus arts with the Red Fox Healthy Living Society.
- July 11 - Little Mountain Brass Band. Bring the whole family for an evening of British-style brass tunes and upcycling crafts with Thrifty by Design.
- July 18 - Sean Ashby Live! Guitarist, singer, songwriter Sean Ashby joins us for an intimate summer evening performance.
- July 25 - Let's Dance! Interactive dance workshops featuring Chinese ribbon, Middle Eastern and Hip Hop dance styles.
- August 1 - Family Fun Night. A shared evenening of artistic and creative workshops for families to enjoy together.
- August 8 - Village Beat. Feel the rhythm of percussion and test out a variety of instruments with the Fairfield Music zoo.
- August 15 - SHINE Young Artist Music Showcase. Come out and enjoy some of the North Shore's up-and-coming talent from Creativ Music Centre, backed by a live band.
- August 22 - Colours of Bollywood. Join Bollywood star, Karima Essa, for a vibrant performance and dance workshop. Enjoy henna art and a community weaving project.
Civic Plaza Culture Stage - Thursdays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
City of North Vancouver Municipal Hall, 141 West 14th Street
- July 5 - Active Antics. Enjoy a musical comedy show with the Myrtle Sisters and try games and circus arts with teh Red Fox Healthy Living Society.
- July 12 - Let's Dance! Interactive dance workshops featuring Chinese ribbon, Middle Eastern and Hip Hop dance styles.
- July 19 - Party in the Plaza. A night of cheer with the youth Sm:)e Band and dance with Luv 2 Groove.
- July 26 - Latin Live. Create summer heat with Afro-Cuban-Latin band Marlin Ramazzini.