Live & Local brings together North Vancouver's most popular concert series (formerly the Friday Night Summer Concerts Series) and new arts events to deliver 33 exciting and free cultural experiences for families, residents and visitors all summer long. The newly created Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series is presented by Darwin Construction and sponsored by TD Bank and the North Shore News.
Want to know what's happening this summer on the North Shore? Download a copy of our Community Events Calendar.
The Live & Local series presents 17 free concerts on stages at Lynn Valley Village, Edgemont Village & Panorama Park in Deep Cove. Everyone is invited to come out and enjoy evenings filled with great music and dancing all summer long.
Deep Cove, Panorama Park Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- July 7 - Hot Lucy (Rock)
- July 14 - R&B Conspiracy (Classic Rhythm & Blues)
- July 21 - Mostly Marley (Reggae)
- July 28 - The Dynamics (Classic Motown)
- August 4 - Nigel Mack & The Blues Attack (Blues / Rock)
Edgemont Village Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- August 4 - Deanna Knight & The Hot Club of Mars (Swing / Jive)
- August 11 - Rich Hope and his Blue Rich Rangers (Country Soul)
- August 18 - Big City Soul (R&B / Soul)
- August 25 - Cayla Brooke (Jazz/Blues)
Lynn Valley Concert Stage - Fridays, 7:00 - 9:00pm
- July 7 - Mazacote (Latin Dance)
- July 14 - Smith and Jones (CCR / Classic Rock)
- July 21 - Terminal Station (Blues / Rock)
- July 28 - Platform Soul (Disco Funk)
- August 4 - VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir (Motown)
- August 11 - Gary Comeau and the Voodoo Allstars (New Orleans Roots and Blues)
- August 18 - Adam Woodall Band (Folk Rock)
- August 25 - West of Memphis (Country Rock)
The Live & Local Outdoor Culture Stage series happens during the months of July and August at three North Vancouver locations; Parkgate Plaza, Lynn Valley Village & Civic Plaza. The Culture Stages are an opportunity for community members of all ages to come out in the early evening and participate in a variety of creative activities and experiences and to enjoy the sweet sounds of music performed on the colourful outdoor pianos that are part of the Pianos on the Street program. Artists from all types of disciplines are on hand to facilitate the fun.
Parkgate Plaza Culture Stage - Thursdays, 5:00 - 7:00pm
Parkgate Community Centre, 3625 Banff Court, North Vancouver
- August 3 - Party in the Plaza. Dancing with the Hoop Fairy, crafting and a night of percussion workshops.
- August 10 - Just Jive'n. Featuring The Beauty Shop Dolls & Jive dancing with David Marasigan.
- August 17 - First Welcome - Hych'ka. Arts, crafts, music & dance workshops with Presentation House Theatre and Mortal Coil Performance.
- August 24 - Latin Live. Creating summer heat with Afro-Cuban-Latin band Marlin Ramazzini.
Lynn Valley Culture Stage - Wednesdays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Lynn Valley Village, 1277 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver
- July 5 - Move it and Make it. Axé Capoeira demo, Troy's Bop Shop dance workshop, and crafting with Thrifty by Design.
- July 12 - Celtic Kick Up. North Shore Celtic Ensemble & the Nora Pickett Dance Troupe.
- July 19 - Latin Live. Creating summer heat with Afro-Cuban-Latin band Marlin Ramazzini.
- July 26 - First Welcome - Hych'ka. Arts, crafts, music & dance workshops with Presentation House Theatre and Mortal Coil Performance.
- August 2 - Ballroom Bliss. Learn to Waltz and Cha Cha the night away with David Marasigan.
- August 9 - Party in the Plaza. A night of cheer with the youth Sm:)e Band and the Hoop Fairy!
- August 16 - Village Beat. Feel the rhythm of percussion and test out a variety of instruments with the Fairfield Music zoo.
- August 23 - Beauty Shop Dolls. This vintage vocal trio take on the sounds of the 1920's, 40's and 50's.
Civic Plaza Culture Stage - Thursdays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
City of North Vancouver Municipal Hall, 141 West 14th Street, North Vancouver
- July 6 - First Welcome - Hych'ka. Arts, crafts, music & dance workshops with Presentation House Theatre and Mortal Coil Performance.
- July 13 - Music Makers. Be inspired by the Beauty Shop Dolls vintage vocal trio and be creators of your own music.
- July 20 - Celtic Kick Up. North Shore Celtic Ensemble & the Nora Pickett Dance Troupe.
- July 27 - Party in the Plaza. A night of cheer with the youth Sm:)e Band and the Hoop Fairy!