The Gary Cable Project •Legendary Music by Legendary Musicians• is comprised of some of Canada’s finest live & session musicians, who have recorded and performed with some of the most famous musicians in the industry. I will be providing piano, keyboards & Lead vocals, along with:
• Robert Walsh (guitar, Lead vocals) - Natalie Cole, the Pointer Sisters, ESO (incl. Zappa & Queen)
• Danny McBride (guitar, BG vocals - Chris de Burgh, Supertramp, Joe Cocker, Neil Young, King Biscuit Boy
• Gord Maxwell (bass, Lead vocals) - Chilliwack, Ian Tyson, One Horse Blue, Hyperion
• Pat Steward (drum, BG vocals) - Bryan Adams, Jann Aarden, Barney Bentall, Payola$
• Raphael Geronimo (percussion, BG vocals) - the Gypsy Kings, Oscar Lopez, Pablo Sanchez, Harry Connick Jr.
• Vince Mai (trumpet, keyboards, BG vocals) - Sarah McLachlan, Powder Blues, Blood Sweat & Tears
• Rod Murray (trombone, BG vocals) - Barbra Streisand, Frank Sinatra Jr., Yes
• Steve Hilliam (saxophones, BG vocals) - Gino Vanelli, Colin James, Long John Baldry
We will also be inviting special musical guests to each concert; a formal announcement will be made shortly, but I have been in conversation with Luba, Alfie Zappacosta, Al Harlow & Henry Small [of PRISM] and others.
Our 2018 concerts were ‘off the charts’ great! I knew they would be (I have worked with the top players in the industry, and and 'the Project' members are among the best musicians anywhere), but it was gratifying to hear so many people say that this was the best concert they have ever seen, anywhere. I would love to share with you the pages of ‘fan mail’ and comment cards we received, but one of my favourites it set out below:
Gord / Vince / Steve / Rod, et al.,
Last night’s performance in Kelowna was exceptional. To bill this band as one of “legendary” players is almost an understatement.
Incredible playing, incredible vocals, and an incredible repertoire to demonstrate the depth of talent.
I have been aware of your respective talents for some years now, but it was a special treat indeed to watch and hear your playing live.
Gary Cable (previously unknown to me) displayed the personality of a great band leader and spokesperson; at times humble, at times humorous, and always gracious to the band members and guest performers alike. He was truly in his element and I would say “living the dream” of performing the music he loves with some of the best players anywhere.
Sorry I didn’t stick around for the “meet and greet” afterwards. I felt you would all be smothered (and should be) by the crowd...
The Gary Cable Foundation is a not-for-profit society raising funds to support 2 main children’s charities:
1. Research & treatment of children’s cancers, with funds raised being contributed to the local branch of provincial cancer funding organizations (eg. BC Cancer, Okanagan Branch for the concerts in Kelowna and Vernon); and
2. Providing musical instruments and education to under-privileged children and youth, primarily in conjunction with Musicounts.ca (Vision: That all children and youth in Canada have access to music education in their school or community. Musicounts puts instruments into the hands of kids who need them the most.)
In both cases, our only stipulation will be that the the funds raised in a community be used in that community. I want people to know that when they sponsor or donate or bid or buy a ticket, they are supporting their family & friends & neighbours & co-workers & local community.