In response to the start of Step 3 of BC’s Restart Plan, North Vancouver Recreation & Culture (NVRC) is working on a gradual restart for recreation and culture services. Step 3 reduces or eliminates many COVID-19 safety requirements, which allows us to increase our service levels and to reduce our safety requirements.
As of October 12, 2021 masks must now be worn in all NVRC facilities by all customers 5 years and older. Masks are required in all public indoor spaces by public health order, including lobbies, hallways, washrooms, fitness centres and program areas, except when exercising or engaging in physical activity. Masks are encouraged for children aged 2 to 4 years in public settings.
Programs and Visits
- Current “Book-A-Visit” services still require advance registration - this includes indoor and outdoor fitness classes, team sports sessions and court bookings. These ‘visits’ can be searched using the Find a program & Book a visit tool
- Visits can be booked from 9am on the Monday, one week before the session. When a statutory holiday falls on a Monday, registration for the following week is on Tuesdays. You can do this online or by calling 604-987-7529.
The following activities are drop-in acitivities and no longer require advance registration:
- Public swim, lane swimming, water walking
- Family skate, public skate
- Art studios (not including pottery studios)
- Parent Participation Indoor Playtime 0-5yrs
- Certain JBCC family and seniors drop-ins
- Youth centres
All of our fitness centres are for drop-in visits.
Swimming Pools Areas
All NVRC pools are open for drop-in visits.
- Permitted bookings are based on type, size and location of the rental. Bookings will be accommodated based on available space
- Rental groups must adhere to all current Public Health Orders regarding mask and Proof of Vaccine requirements
- Outdoor rentals and outdoor event permits are subject to participant limits and availability
The pottery studios at Parkgate Community Centre and Delbrook Community Recreation Centre are partially open.
Studio time is available to customers who have experience in the studio and held a membership in 2020. These registrations are being done by phone to allow NVRC staff to confirm customers’ studio experience. Read more on our pottery page.
North Vancouver Tennis Centre
The North Vancouver Tennis Centre is now open. Adult and junior tennis programs are now available for registration and court bookings are available. Read more on the tennis programs page.
NVRC COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
Please view NVRC's health & safety measures before registering and participating in any of NVRC's programs or activities. If you would like further information please contact NVRC at 604 987 7529.
Programs provided by other organizations
Programs provided by North Shore Neighbourhood House at the John Braithwaite Community Centre are cancelled. For information, visit their website at www.nsnh.bc.ca.
Programs and childcare services provided by Parkgate Community Services Society at Parkgate Community Centre are cancelled. For information, visit their website at www.myparkgate.com.