North Vancouver Recreation and Culture believes that everyone should have the opportunity to participate in recreation and culture activities.
The new Delbrook Community Recreation Centre features the following:
- Accessible parking stalls in the underground parking near the elevators.
- Elevator access to all floors.
- Several accessible change rooms, washrooms and showers including universal change rooms plus a special change room with a ceiling mounted lift and adult-sized change table.
- Wheelchair elevator for the main pool and whirlpool. Walk-in entry for the leisure pool.
- The main entrance is wheelchair accessible with a 15-minute drop-off zone on the south side of Queens Road.
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms.
- Wheelchair accessible counters and sinks in the Pottery Studio and Art Studio
- Braille labels on room name signs.
- Accoustical wall treatments in the main lobby and in various activity rooms to cut down on noise and enhance speech intelligibility
- Audio enhancement technology for the hearing impaired in the multi-purpose/seniors space.
Note: The North Shore Advisory Committee on Disability Issues was consulted during the planning of the new Delbrook Community Recreation Centre.