To protect the safety of others, participants must not participate in programs if:
1. They have any of the following symptoms; fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, headache, new loss of taste, loss of smell or sore throat.
2. In the last 14 days, they have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID–19 diagnosis, or probable case of COVID-19; unless you have been directed otherwise by the local BC Health Authority.
3. They have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days, and are subject to any Federal or Provincial Public Health Orders restricting activities within the first 14 days.
If any of the above applies to you, please contact NVRC by calling 604 987 7529 to cancel before the start of the class. You will receive a full refund.
NVRC staff have developed extensive health and safety measures to protect the community and classes will take place observing physical distancing.
During Your Class
Please follow these steps to reduce the transmission of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick (even just with minor symptoms)
- Wash or sanitize hands directly before and after your class
- Avoid touching your face
- Listen carefully to staff instructions and follow them closely
- Avoid lingering both before and after your class
NVRC Safety Measures
NVRC staff have developed the following health and safety measures in respponse to the current health orders:
- All programs are designed in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines, and with the ability to adjust as requirements change.
- Congregation in program space is discouraged
- Handwashing or sanitization stations and waste receptacles available at every program
- Staff and participants must refrain from attending programs while unwell
- Training for all staff and program supervisors in COVID-19 safety strategies
- First aid will be provided using COVID-19 guidelines and protocols
- Customers need to take personal responsibility to ensure that they do not attend if they are unwell, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or presumed to have COVID-19.
- Please refrain from arriving early for programs and from congregating at the end of programs. We ask that you arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of a class and exit promptly at the end.
Proof of Vaccination Required from September 13, 2021 for Certain Activities
Starting Monday, September 13, 2021, customers attending certain activities at NVRC facilities (see list below) will be required to show proof of vaccination as required by the provincial health order.
The activities where proof of vaccination is required are:
- Fitness centre (13 years+)
- Adult fitness classes and programs (19 years+)
- Adult sports programs (19 years+)
- Adult dance programs (19 years+)
- Any indoor activities or rentals with over 50 participants* ( 12 years+) e. g. events, competitions, games or practices
* Except for children and youth programs and activities (under the age of 22 years)
For these activities, from September 13, customers must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and starting October 24, 2021 customers must be fully vaccinated to enter an NVRC facility.
- Please allow extra time to enter the facilities before your activity.
- As per the health order, NVRC staff are not able to make exceptions to the public health order and are not able to admit any customers who do not provide the required proof of vaccination for the applicable activities.
As of August 25, 2021 masks must now be worn in all NVRC facilities by all customers 12 years and older. Masks are required in all public indoor spaces by public health order, including lobbies, hallways, washrooms, fitness centres and program areas, except when exercising or engaging in physical activity. Masks are encouraged for children aged 2 to 12 years in public settings.
Although NVRC has implemented a COVID-19 related health and safety measures, COVID-19 is a highly infectious disease, and there is an inherent risk of exposure in any place where people are gathered in groups of any size, and this risk cannot be eliminated. Notwithstanding NVRC’s COVID-19 related health and safety measures, by participating in any NVRC program, participants accept the risk that they may be exposed to, and contract COVID-19.