To protect the safety of others, participants must not participate in programs if:
They have any of the following symptoms; fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, headache, new loss of taste, loss of smell or sore throat
In the last 14 days, they have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID – 19 diagnosis or probable case of COVID-19
They have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
If any of the above applies to you, please contact NVRC by calling 604 987 7529 to cancel before the start of the class. You will receive a full refund.
NVRC staff have developed extensive health and safety measures to protect the community and classes will take place observing physical distancing.
During Your Class
Please follow these steps to reduce the transmission of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick (even just cold or allergy symptoms)
- Wash or sanitize hands directly before and after your class
- Stay a minimum of 2m (6ft) from others (except for household members)
- Avoid touching your face
- Listen carefully to staff instructions and follow them closely
- Avoid lingering both before and after your class
NVRC Safety Measures
NVRC staff have developed the following health and safety measures in order to limit the transmission of COVID-19:
- All programs are designed in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines, and with the ability to adjust as requirements change.
- All programs are registered (no drop-in) to support group size management and the collection of confidential contact list
- All programs are scheduled to take place in the outdoors, with the exception of woodworking
- Congregation in program space is discouraged
- Large spaces to accommodate physical distancing
- No shared equipment and limited touch points
- Handwashing or sanitization stations and waste receptacles available at every program
- All programs have been assessed through a safety and COVID-19 mitigation assessment tool and specific strategies to ensure that they are COVID compliant have been
- Well staff and Well Participant practices- staff and participants must refrain from attending programs while unwell
- Training for all staff and program supervisors in COVID-19 safety strategies
- Scheduling onsite supervisor support at all of our programs (to start), to answer questions and ensure that all participants are following the COVID-19 guidelines
- Program offerings, includes a mix of family based offerings so that parents and caregivers can provide the direct support required to ensure children maintain physical distancing
- First aid will be provided using COVID-19 guidelines and protocols
- Participants may choose to wear masks, if they wish
- Customers need to take personal responsibility to ensure that they do not attend if they are unwell, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or presumed to have COVID-19 or have travelled outside the province in the last 14 days (specific language about this was provided previously).
- We ask that all participants be mindful and respectful of others by taking efforts to ensure they maintain a safe physical distance at all times from arrival before the program begins to exit after the program ends.
- Please refrain from arriving early for programs and from congregating at the end of programs. We ask that you arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of a class and exit promptly at the end.
- Participants should bring their own water bottle to all classes. It is recommended that participant fill the bottle at home prior to attending the class.