To protect the health and safety of others, do not visit a NVRC facility or participate in programs if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Runny nose
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
Learn more about COVID-19 symptoms at bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/symptoms.
Also do not participate in programs if you have travelled outside of Canada and are subject to Government of Canada public health restrictions applicable for entry into Canada. See current federal travel guidelines at travel.gc.ca/travel-covid.
If any of the above applies to you, please call NVRC at 604-987-7529 to cancel before the start of the class. You will receive a full refund.
How to keep yourself & others safe
Please follow these steps to reduce the transmission of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick (even just with minor symptoms)
- Wash or sanitize hands directly before and after your class, or on arrival at a NVRC facility
NVRC safety measures
NVRC has developed the following health and safety measures in response to current health and safety recommendations:
- All programs are designed in accordance with current provincial and local health guidelines, and with the ability to adjust as requirements change.
- Handwashing or sanitization stations available at every program.
- Staff and participants must refrain from attending programs while unwell.
- Training for all staff and program supervisors in COVID-19 safety strategies.
- First aid will be provided using COVID-19 guidelines and protocols.
Although NVRC has implemented COVID-19 related health and safety measures, COVID-19 is a highly infectious disease, and there is an inherent risk of exposure in any place where people are gathered in groups of any size, and this risk cannot be eliminated. Notwithstanding NVRC’s COVID-19 related health and safety measures, by visiting a NVRC facility or participating in any NVRC program, participants accept the risk that they may be exposed to, and contract COVID-19.