The pools at Harry Jerome, Delbrook, Ron Andrews and Karen Magnussen community recreation centres are now open. The re-opening of NVRC swimming pools has been implemented incorporating safety measures and based on available staffing and prudent budget management.
Advance registration is required to visit any facility for swimming and all other activities. Register online or by calling 604 987 7529.
Lane swimming and public swimming are available, however, advanced registration is required; we cannot accept drop-ins. Registration is available on the Monday, one week before the session and can be done online or by calling 604-987-7529.
Registration for swimming lessons and aquatic leadership programs which run January - March, 2021 begins at 9am on Tuesday, December 8. Courses are available to view in advance of registration online. Registration can be done online or by calling 604-987-7529.
Important Lesson Info
Swim lessons for Preschool Tiny Tots 1-4 and School Age I Can Swim Stage 1-2A will be parent participation. A parent must attend the lesson and remain within an arm’s reach of their child in the water to support the lesson participant. NVRC swim instructors will guide the parent and child through the lesson, but will practice physical distancing
10/20 Swim & Skate Passes
10/20 passes can be used to pay for swimming visits. Please call 604 987 7529 to register for your swimming session and use one of the drop-ins to cover the cost. Please note registration is not possible online using a 10/20 pass.
Pool Area Etiquette
Your health and safety is our top priority. Please remember the following:
- Change rooms are not available so please arrive in your swimsuit and leave in your swimsuit.
- You will be allocated a spot on the pool deck to store your bag/towel/clothes.
- The water fountains remain closed so please come with a full water bottle if needed
- Shoes must be removed at the entrance and cannot be worn on the deck – please keep your shoes with your belongings in the designated areas
- No lockers are available at this time, so please leave your valuables at home
- The hot tub, steam room and sauna will remain closed during this phase of restarting pools
- The diving boards, slides, climbing wall, rope swing and wave machine will not be operational
- We ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled time, and wait at the check in sign located at the designated entrance
- A staff member will greet you and ask you the three COVID questions and then allow you access to the facility
- Hand sanitizer is provided and must be used upon entry and exit
- Safe physical distancing requirements must be followed
- Leave promptly after your registered time so the facility is safe and ready for the next group
- No spectators for any activities, including lessons and rentals
- No public equipment is available for use at this time
Please speak to a staff member if you have any questions or concerns.