A light and flavorful zucchini soup recipe with curry powder and apples.
• 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
• 1 small carrot, shredded
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 medium zucchini, sliced or chopped, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
• 2 apples, peeled, diced
• 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth if you want to keep it vegetarian
• 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
• salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; saute the onion, garlic and carrot slowly until onion begins to yellow.
- Add zucchini, diced apples, broth, and curry powder.
- Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully puree the hot soup in the blender in small batches. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup garnished with cilantro or Italian parsley leaves.
Serves 4 to 6.
Want more recipes and tips? Check out these links to great sites: