In response to the start of BC’s Step 3 of the Restart Plan, NVRC is working on a planned and gradual restart for recreation and culture services. Step 3 reduces or eliminates many COVID-19 safety requirements, which allows NVRC to increase its service levels and reduce our safety requirements.
- As of July 1, masks are recommended in all public indoor settings for everyone 12 years of age and older who are not fully vaccinated (14 days have passed since receiving a second dose)
Programs and Visits
- Summer programs - We are increasing the number of participants in existing programs. Use the Find a program & Book a visit tool to view current options
- Current “Book a Visit” services (except fitness centre sessions from July 19) still require advance registration - this includes indoor and outdoor fitness classes, public swim, lane swimming, team sports sessions and court bookings. These ‘visits’ can be searched using the Find a program & Book a visit tool
As of July 19, pre-booking is not required in fitness centres (weight rooms)
Starting July 19 customers can drop-in to work out without booking a visit in advance. This applies only to fitness centre (weight room) sessions.
Key changes are:
• No advance registration to book a fitness centre visit will be needed, registration will no longer be required one week before
• Customers with a membership will need to pick up their card from any of our front desks
• Membership cards must be scanned in order to enter the fitness centres
• Drop-ins can be purchased at any of our front desks
• Masks are recommended in public indoor settings for everyone 12 years of age and older who are not fully vaccinated (14 days have passed since receiving a second dose)
• As of July 19, there are no time limits in the fitness centres
We are currently working to bring back enough qualified aquatic staff to accommodate more swimmers and provide drop-in access. More information will be posted on the website and social media as details and dates are confirmed.
- Permitted bookings are based on the type, size and location of the rental.
- Indoor rentals will accommodate 50 participants or 50% of the room occupancy limit, whichever is greater. Bookings will be accommodated based on available space.
- Outdoor rentals and outdoor event permits are subject to participant limits based on participant limits and space availability.
Responding to Step 3 is very exciting for NVRC and we continue to work diligently to plan, prepare and increase our service levels. Our restart will be gradual. We will offer as much as we can as soon as we are able.
We will be regularly updating information on the website and social media as plans continue to be confirmed. We appreciate your patience.