Our fitness centres are open for visits booked in advance.
Currently pre-registration is still required for fitness centres until July 19, 2021.
Starting July 19 customers can drop-in to work out without booking a visit in advance.
This applies only to fitness centres (weight rooms).
Key changes are:
• No advance registration to book a fitness centre visit will be needed, registration will no longer be required one week before
• Customers with a membership will need to pick up their card from any of our front desks
• Membership cards must be scanned in order to enter the fitness centres
• Drop ins can be purchased at any of our front desks
• Masks are recommended in public indoor settings for everyone 12 years of age and older who are not fully vaccinated (14 days have passed since receiving a second dose)
• As of July 19, there are no time limits in the fitness centres
Note all other ‘visits’ currently still require advance registration, this includes indoor and outdoor fitness classes, public swim, lane swimming, team sports sessions and court bookings.
Fitness Centre Opening Hours
The opening hours for our fitness centres can be found here. All visits to our fitness centres must be registered in advance, we cannot accept drop-in admisisons.
As of July 1, masks are recommended in all public indoor settings for everyone 12 years of age and older who are not fully vaccinated (14 days have passed since receiving a second dose).
Please arrive at the front entrance of the facility 10 minutes before your scheduled time for check-in and to answer COVID-19 screening questions. If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry, please stay home if you are sick. Come dressed to participate and leave your valuables at home as lockers and cubbies are not in use. There is limited access to washrooms.
Participants will be asked to leave promptly when their booking time is over. Directional arrows are on the ground for exiting and staff will assist in directing people out.
Participants are required to clean equipment before and after use, spray the paper towel with the spray provided to clean the equipment. Staff will be available to answer any questions.
Water fountains are available for filling bottles at Delbrook but are not available at Harry Jerome or Parkgate. Customers are advised to bring their own full water bottle.
In response to COVID-19 we have updated the fitness centre etiquette guide:
Everyone at our Centre has a responsibility to:
- Treat each other with respect, courtesy, fairness and equality.
- Respect everyone regardless of diversity or ability.
- Use the facility and equipment in a safe and appropriate way.
- Answer the COVID-19 screening questions prior to entering the facility.
- Wash their hands before and after workouts. Avoid touching your face during workout.
The following are a few simple rules for all to abide by:
- Conduct yourself respectfully at all times. Approach others and staff in a friendly and respectful way.
- Do not use equipment that has been identified as “Not in Use”.
- Wipe down all equipment before and after use. Spray the paper towel and then wipe down equipment. Please do not spray directly on the equipment.
- Do not share equipment.
- Profanity, shouting and excessive grunting are not acceptable.
- Taking photos and videos is not permitted without prior authorization.
- Mobile device use is permitted where it does not cause a distraction.
- Phone calls should be taken outside of the Fitness Centre.
- Observe and follow procedures for cardio use.
- Uncontrolled and repetitive weight dropping is not permitted. See staff for clarification regarding Olympic lifting.
- Be respectful of the registered fitness centre time.
- No scents.
- Individuals 15 years and up may access the fitness centre. Those under 15 years are required to complete an approval process for independent access.
- Use equipment according to manufacturer’s recommended use.
- Do not ‘work’ in-between sets or vacate stations between sets with others.
- Avoid person-to-person contact with others while spotting with use of bar catches and the two spotter technique.
- All weights/dumbbells/equipment MUST be cleaned and put away when done to prevent hazards.
- Avoid resting bars and weights on benches between sets.
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing and athletic footwear in the facility during your workout.
- Candy, food and gum are not permitted. Unbreakable beverage containers with closed lids are acceptable.