Fitness centres at Delbrook, Harry Jerome and Parkgate are now open.
The fitness centres at Karen Magnussen and John Braithwaite open Sep 21.
NVRC is excited to repoen our fitness centres for advance registered sessions. You'll find spaces are a little different with safety measures and physical distancing in place, but we are really happy to welcome you back.
Staff are working hard to provide the opportunity for our community to get back to being active in the fitness centres. NVRC appreciates customers supporting staff by following directions from staff and avoiding the use of equipment marked as out of use.
All visits to attend a fitness centre or fitness class require advance booking. Drop-ins are not currently possible.
Fitness Centre Opening Hours
The fitness centres at Delbrook, Harry Jerome and Parkgate are open, the remaining fitness centres will re-open September 21. The facility hours are below:
|From Sep 8||From Sep 21||From Sep 28|
M-F: 6:30am - 8:00pm
Sa: 7:00am - 7:00pm
Su: 7:00am - 6:00pm
|As per Sep 8|
M & W: 6:00am - 8:00pm
Tu, Th & Fr: 6:00am - 7:00pm
Sa 8:00am - 4:30pm
|As per Sep 8|
M & W: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Tu, Th & Fr: 8:00am - 6:30pm
Sa: 8:00am - 3:30pm
|As per Sep 8|
M-F: 6:00am - 6:00pm
Sun: 8:30am - 4:30pm
|As per Sep 21|
M-Th: 7:00am - 8:30pm
Fr: 7:00am - 2:30pm
Su: 8:00am - 3:30pm
|As per Sep 21|
M-Th: 7:00am -8:00pm
Fr: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Sa: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Fitness Membership Classes
View the fitness classes which are free with your fitness membership, or pay for a daily admission.
- Harry Jerome/Memorial/Mickey McDougall
- John Braithwaite Community Centre
- Ron Andrews
Advance registration is required for all fitness classes. Register online or call 604-987-7529.
NVRC is pleased to introduce an updated 2020 Fitness Membership Program starting September 8. The membership includes fitness centre sessions plus a selection of indoor fitness classes, lane swimming and public swimming and skating planned to start in September and October.
Existing fitness membership holders who have membership on hold from March, have three main options:
Reactivate your fitness membership by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your new 2020 fitness membership will be issued for the period of time it was not available for use, and any time remaining on paid-in-full memberships. You will receive an email receipt when your fitness membership is ready to be used.
It may take up to one week to process your request. Please contact us as soon as possible if you would like to begin using your membership in September. Fitness memberships can be reactivated for use from September 8. Additional months may be purchased at the following rates per month, up to 12 months in total:
|Adult (19-64yrs)||Senior (65yrs+) & Student (19yrs+)||Child/Youth (13-18yrs)|
|Price per month||$34.30||$25.75||$18.01|
We will place the dollar value of your membership as a credit on your account for the amount of time you paid for but were unable to use your membership, and any remaining time for paid-in-full annual memberships (please see the examples above). NVRC aims to complete all credits by September 30. You will then be able to go online or call us to use your credit to purchase a new 2020 fitness membership for between 1 and 12 months, at the rates above.
You also have the choice to keep your credit to purchase other NVRC programs and services, when you are ready to do so. You will receive an email receipt when your credit has been placed on your account.
If you would like to receive a refund for your fitness membership now, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604-987-7529 and we will issue you a refund by cheque. NVRC staff process all refund requests as quickly as possible though depending on the number of requests, it may take up to three weeks. We greatly appreciate your patience.
If you have questions, please call 604 987 7529.
FLEX pass holders (e.g. FLEX10) are now able to use their pass to pay for a fitness centre session. Call 604 987 7529 to register for your session and use one of the drop-ins to cover the cost. Please note registration using a FLEX pass is not available online.
Please arrive at the front entrance of the facility 10 minutes before your scheduled time for check-in and to answer COVID-19 screening questions. If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry, please stay home if you are sick. Come dressed to participate and leave your valuables at home as lockers and cubbies are not in use. There is limited access to washrooms.
Participants will be asked to leave promptly when their booking time is over. Directional arrows are on the ground for exiting and staff will assist in directing people out.
The facility will have a full clean each day and high-touch areas will be cleaned periodically through the day. Participants are required to clean equipment before and after use, spray the paper towel with the spray provided to clean the equipment. Staff will be available to answer any questions.
Masks are currently not mandatory but participants are encouraged to wear masks. In all cases, minimum 2 metres physical distancing is expected when visiting any NVRC facility.
Water fountains are available for filling bottles at Delbrook but are not available at Harry Jerome or Parkgate. Customers are advised to bring their own full water bottle.
In response to COVID-19 we have updated the fitness centre etiquette guide:
Everyone at our Centre has a responsibility to:
- Treat each other with respect, courtesy, fairness and equality.
- Respect everyone regardless of diversity or ability.
- Use the facility and equipment in a safe and appropriate way.
- Answer the COVID-19 screening questions prior to entering the facility.
- Wash their hands before and after workouts. Avoid touching your face during workout.
- Adhere to physical distancing rules (2 m apart).
The following are a few simple rules for all to abide by:
- Conduct yourself respectfully at all times. Approach others and staff in a friendly and respectful way.
- Do not use equipment that has been identified as “Not in Use”.
- Wipe down all equipment before and after use. Spray the paper towel and then wipe down equipment. Please do not spray directly on the equipment.
- Do not share equipment.
- Profanity, shouting and excessive grunting are not acceptable.
- Taking photos and videos is not permitted without prior authorization.
- Mobile device use is permitted where it does not cause a distraction.
- Phone calls should be taken outside of the Fitness Centre.
- Observe and follow procedures for cardio use.
- Uncontrolled and repetitive weight dropping is not permitted. See staff for clarification regarding Olympic lifting.
- Be respectful of the registered fitness centre time.
- No scents.
- Individuals 15 years and up may access the fitness centre. Those under 15 years are required to complete an approval process for independent access.
- Use equipment according to manufacturer’s recommended use.
- Do not ‘work’ in-between sets or vacate stations between sets with others.
- Avoid person-to-person contact with others while spotting with use of bar catches and the two spotter technique.
- All weights/dumbbells/equipment MUST be cleaned and put away when done to prevent hazards.
- Avoid resting bars and weights on benches between sets.
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing and athletic footwear in the facility during your workout.
- Candy, food and gum are not permitted. Unbreakable beverage containers with closed lids are acceptable.