Supporting Volunteer Community Sport
Incorporated in 1998 as a non-profit society, the North Vancouver Community Sport Council provides a common voice for sport and recreation in North Vancouver. This community-based group fosters, supports and promotes these activities by:
- Acting as a forum for community groups to identify issues and find mutually beneficial solutions
- Promoting and assisting with the development of volunteer leadership
- Assisting community groups in fund-raising initiatives for sport and recreation
- Helping organize major recreation and sports events that benefit North Vancouver residents.
For more information, please call Ron Hobrook at 604-983-6569 or email.
Member organizations include leagues, teams and associations that meet the following guidelines:
- Maintain a head office or control in the City or District of North Vancouver
- Have at least 75% of their membership live or work in the City or District
- Permit any resident of the City or District to become a member
- Set up primarily to operate teams, leagues, or recreation/sporting events
- Ensure their membership is distinct and separate from other groups with similar objectives.