This walk is the route of the proposed “Green Necklace,” an ambitious project that follows the City of North Vancouver’s original 1907 town plan, which laid out the bold idea of a continuous green loop around the centre of city. This elegant plan now identifies several unique features and public spaces, such as Victoria Park, Grand Boulevard and Mahon Park with a vision to link them to provide enhanced access for pedestrians, inline skaters and cyclists alike.
City of North Vancouver
NeighbourhoodGrand Boulevard, Lonsdale West
Sidewalks, hard packed gravel trail, forest trail
23rd and Lonsdale
Harry Jerome Community Recreation Centre
AmenitiesDogs on leash, Parking, Strollers, Washrooms
Parking at the recreation centre, washrooms at the recreation centre
- Walk to Lonsdale from Harry Jerome Community Recreation Centre on 23rd Street.
- Walk south on Lonsdale to 21st Street.
- Turn right on 21st Street and continue to the end where you will see a path.
- Stay on path to Jones Avenue.
- Turn left and stay on Jones until you come to Keith Road.
- Cross Keith Road, walk past grocery store then stay right on Keith Road.
- Walk by the front of Queen Mary School.
- Stay on Keith Rd. and cross Chesterfield to start of path that runs through Victoria Park.
- Continue on path to where it takes a ‘Y’ — stay to the left to Lonsdale and Keith Road.
- Cross at the Lonsdale and Keith Road intersection.
- Enter Victoria Park path again walking past the cenotaph, and onward along Keith Rd. to St. Andrews.
- Turn left on St. Andrews.
- Turn right onto 9th Street to Grand Boulevard.
- Go to the path that runs between Grand Blvd. West and Grand Blvd. East.
- Turn left at the path, walk up to 19th St. and turn left again.
- Turn right onto Queensbury & carry on to Greenwood Park.
- Enter park and stay on trail as it curves around to the left.
- Turn right when you come out of trail, then immediately turn right again and follow Ridgeway Avenue to 24th Street.
- Stay straight on trail.
- Trail takes you north then makes a sweep to the left and comes out at Grand Boulevard East (23rd Street).
- Turn right, then immediately turn right again and follow Ridgeway Avenue 24th Street.
- Turn left and continue on 24th Street straight through to big parking lot behind Centennial Theatre (Norseman Park)
- Walk through parking lot to the covered walkway, then over the pedestrian overpass on 23rd to the front door of Harry Jerome Community Recreation Centre.