Indoor Venue Rentals (FAQ's)

Get the answers to your facility rental questions
Q1. What is included in my rental?

Room rentals include:

  • rectangular tables - 2.5ft x 6ft
  • chairs

And upon request and availability (additional fee):

  • projector screen  
  • TV/DVD player  
  • Flip chart use
  • kitchen use 
Q2. What is the cancellation policy?

For a short term contract for any rental less than one month with two or few bookings per week, the licensee may cancel the agreement and obtain a full refund by giving North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission fourteen days notice. For long term allocations of more than one month and with three or more bookings in that month the licensee can cancel the agreement and obtain a full refund by giving a minimum of thirty days notice. 

Q3. What are the insurance requirements for renting one of the North Vancouver Recreation & Culture facilities?

All renters who book a facility though the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission must carry liability insurance for a minimum of $5,000,000 per occurrence and name the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission, City of North Vancouver and District of North Vancouver as additional insured.  The premium for this insurance will be added to the contract at the time of booking unless the renter carries their own.  North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission has a Master Special Event User Group liability insurance policy with limits of $5,000,000 per occurrence.  The premiums are based on factors such as type of activity, number of participants, length of activity, service of alcohol, etc.

Q4. What if my event is a fundraiser?

Please note that if the event is a fundraiser a letter from the charitable organization is required including their charitable registration number, contact information and acknowledgement of the event. We are unable to provide any special pricing for fundraising events.

Q5. Is there anything I should know if I want to serve food at my event?

If you are serving food, and it involves the services of a caterer or the preparation and service of food to members of the public, please contact the Vancouver Coastal Health food inspector at 604-983-6700 or at to obtain approval. The kitchens in the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission are to be used for heating purposes only. There may be an extra charge to use the kitchen depending on the facility you are renting.

Q6. Can I serve alcohol at my function?

If you are serving alcohol you are required to provide us with proof of your special occasion license prior to the event. Please visit for the application process. A damage deposit will be charged if you are serving alcohol at your event.

Q7. Can I advertise my event in the Recreation Facility I am renting at?

Groups renting Recreation Commission facilities shall be permitted to display notice of their meeting / event in the building for up to four hours prior to the event, subject to approval. Meeting / event notices must comply with all Recreation commission policies. The North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission retains the right to limit the number and placement of all signage.

Q8. What is the SOCAN fee on my contract?

SOCAN is the Society of Composer, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada. It is the Canadian copyright collective that administers the performing rights of composers, authors and music publisher members by licensing the use of their music in Canada. We collect license fees on their behalf. The fee is determined by the number of people attending the event and if there is music or if there is music and dancing.

Home > Facilities & Fields > Book Venue or Field > Book Indoor Venue > Indoor Venue Rentals (FAQ's)