Drop-in Fees & Membership Rates
|Membership||Adult (19-64yrs)||Senior (65yrs +) & Student (15yrs +) ***|
|Annual (1 payment)||$376.83||$282.64|
|Annual (paid monthly)**||$31.41||$23.55|
|FLEX 10 (10 visits)||$55.90||$41.95|
All prices are excluding taxes
* Available to new members who have never purchased a fitness membership
** Plus a one-time $19.05 set up fee
*** Student membership is available to students with a valid student ID who present their current registration showing a minimum of 3 courses per semester.
Specialized Equipment & Knowledgeable Fitness Consultants
No matter what your fitness level, you can develop your strength, cardio and agility at a North Vancouver Recreation & Culture fitness centre. New to fitness? We can give you help you need to get started with a fitness centre orientation (free with fitness membership). We can also help with your personal fitness program or specialized training to fit your individual needs.
All our fitness centres have free weights, as well as strength and cardio equipment.
|Fitness Centre & Address||Special Features||Fintess Centre Supervisor||Contact|
851 West Queens Road
|Small group classes, Spin bikes, over 7000 square feet, high ceilings, lots of natural light, accessible equipment||
|Harry Jerome Centre
123 East 23rd Street
|3 themed fitness centres; Spin bikes, teen time, circuit classes, supervised joint rehab, Phase 3-4 Cardia Rehab (Memorial Centre)||Rob Wynen
B. Human Kinetics, CSEP-CEP, BCIT Certificate of Leadership
|John Braithwaite Community Centre
145 West 1st Street
|Phase 3-4 Cardiac Rehab, small group classes, teen time, close to transit||Connie Russell
Certified Personal Trainer, CFES
|Karen Magnussen Centre
2300 Kirkstone Road
|Fitness appraisals, informal joint rehab, circuit class, small group classes, teen time, view of forest||Darrin Jones
B. Human Kinetics
Ron Andrews Centre
|Team training, circuit class, supervised rehab, 2 themed fitness centres, Spin bikes, TRX training room, Phase 3-4 Cardiac Rehab||Paula Coburn
M. Human Kinetics, BA, RHN
|Parkgate Community Centre
3625 Banff Court
|Supervised rehab, Phase 3-4 Cardiac Rehab, circuit class, small group training, high ceilings||Tony Carabetta
B. Human Kinetics, CSCS
The goal of the North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Commission’s Code of Conduct is to ensure everyone has a safe, positive and effective workout while in the fitness centre. Abusive and aggressive behavior is not tolerated.
The following are a few simple rules for all to abide by:
- Conduct yourself respectfully at all times. Approach others and staff in a friendly and respectful way.
- Profanity, shouting, & excessive grunting are not acceptable.
- Valid fitness pass or wrist band is required.
- Taking photos and videos is not permitted without prior authorization.
- Mobile device use is permitted where it does not cause a distraction
- Please take phone calls in the lobby area.
- Allow others to “work in” between sets or vacate stations between sets.
- Uncontrolled and repetitive weight dropping is not permitted. See staff for clarification regarding Olympic lifting.
- Observe and follow procedures for cardio sign-in & use.
- Please be respectful of facility hours and ensure you leave the fitness centre at or before closing time.
- No scents
Health, Safety & Cleanliness
- Individuals 15yrs and up may access the fitness centre. Those under 15yrs are required to complete an approval process for supervised access.
- Use equipment according to manufacturer’s recommended use. Seek advice from staff when unfamiliar
- Wipe down your equipment after each use. Towels and sanitizer are provided for this purpose.
- Please store all bags and belonging in cubbies or lockers
- All weights/dumbbells/equipment MUST be put away when done to prevent hazards.
- Avoid resting bars and weights on benches between sets.
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing and athletic footwear in the facility/ during your workout. Seek guidance/clarification from staff.
- Candy, food, gum, are not permitted. Unbreakable beverage containers with closed lids are acceptable.
Facility Use Privileges (Membership and Access)
Membership privileges and facility access may be refused or suspended in instances where individuals commit a serious or repeated breach of these rules or the North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Commission’s Code of Conduct.
Unrestricted use of the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission's Fitness Centres is limited to persons 15 years and older.
While strength training can be beneficial in developing muscular strength and endurance in youth, there are specific concerns related to the growth and development of bone and joint tissue. The recommendation from most authorities on this topic (that is, the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Physician and Sports Medicine) are that strength training (with weights) for youth be conducted under appropriate supervision only.
A person 13 or 14 years old must complete a Youth Consultation prior to having Teen Privileges in the Fitness Centres. This is to ensure the youth understands lifting technique, general safety concerns, weight room etiquette and the risks involved in weight training.
To book a youth consultation, contact a fitness centre supervisor at one the following facilities:
- Delbrook: Shawn Toth 604-983-6557 or email
- Harry Jerome: Rob Wynen 604-983-6406 or email
- John Braithwaite: Connie Russell 604-983- 6475 or email
- Karen Magnussen: Darrin Jones 604-983-6559 or email
- Parkgate: Tony Carrabetta 604-983-6355 or email
- Ron Andrews: Paula Coburn 604-983-6522 or email
After the youth consultation has taken place and the youth is approved to use the Fitness Centres, youth 13 and 14 years of age can either:
Attend Supervised Teen Times without parental or adult supervision during the following times:
Harry Jerome: Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:30 - 6:00pm and Saturdays, 10:00am - 3:00pm
John Braithwaite: Monday, Tuesday, Friday 4:00 - 6:00pm
Karen Magnussen: Wednesdays 4:00 - 5:00pm
Parkgate: Mondays & Wednesdays 4:00 - 5:00pm
Ron Andrews: Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:30 - 4:30pm
Be accompanied by an adult during non-teen time hours