The North Vancouver Tennis Centre (NVTC) is a public tennis facility operated by North Vancouver Recreation and Culture.
The facility features 9 indoor tennis courts, an observation lounge and change rooms with showers. NVTC is also an official Tennis Canada Development Centre and has attracted an outstanding roster of coaches who have created one of the best development programs in Canada.
280 Lloyd Ave
North Vancouver, BC
Indoor courts at the North Vancouver Tennis Centre can be booked for play by calling 604-983-6483.
24 Hour Court Bookings
You are now able to book our 24 hour courts online.
One court is reserved throughout the day as a ’24 hour Court’. This court is not available for 7-day advanced booking and is only able to be booked 24 hours in advance by Booking Card holders and non-card-holders alike.
View the available times and book your court online.
Prime Time Fees
Prime 90 min $42.84
Prime 60 min to $28.56
Prime 30 min $14.28
Prime 120 min $57.12
Court fees non-prime
Non-prime 90 min $37.74
Non-prime 60 min $25.50
Non-prime 30 min $12.75
Non-prime 120 min $51.00
Court Fees Summer (Jun 15-Sep 15)
Summer 90 min $30.60
Summer 60 min $20.40
Summer 30 min $10.20
Summer 120 min $40.80
Monday thru Friday 9:00am-10:00pm
Saturday & Sundays 7:00-7:00pm
Monday thru Friday 7:00-9:00am
Saturday & Sundays 7:00-9:00pm
Spring Program Registration
Registration for our spring programs which run from April to June begins on the following days:
- Adult Tennis - Tuesday, February 28 at 7:00am for residents* / 9:00am for all customers
- Junior Tennis - Wednesday, March 1 at 7:00am for residents* / 9:00am for all customers
*Residents of the City and District of North Vancouver.
Our spring tennis programs are available to view online beginning at noon on Monday, February 6.
During the registration process, spots in programs/sessions will only be confirmed once they have been paid for. Spots are confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis according to when payment is made. As a result, we recommend processing each registration individually to speed up your transaction, particularly for high-demand courses.
Check Your Assessment Level
If you have been assessed at level 2.5 and above, you can now view your tennis assessment level in your online account. To view your level, log in to your account and click on 'activity outcomes.' If you don’t see an assessment, please call the Tennis Centre at 604-983-6483.
You will need to have your assessment on your account to register or add your name to a waitlist for any adult programs 2.5 and above and junior Play-it, Competitive and Tournament programs.
Any player can book a court at NVTC 24-hours in advance. For players who want the option to organize their game further ahead of time, a booking card is available which allows a player to book one booking per week, 7 days in advance (Booking cardholders can book again once their booking is completed). Players participating in that booking have to pay a $7.00 Guest Fee if they do not have a booking card.
Tennis Booking Cards will be available for purchase starting:
- Tuesday, August 30th at 7:00am for North Vancouver residents
- Wednesday, August 31st at 7:00am for Non-residents
Tennis Booking Cards can be purchased online, in person at the Tennis Centre or by calling 604 983 6483.
New Booking Cards will be valid from September 15-June 15, 2023 and costs will be:
- Adult (19yrs+) $124.24 + gst.
- Junior (5 – 18yrs) $68.43 + gst.
Booking cards will not be required for court bookings between June 15 – September 15 (summer Season) each year and no guest fees will apply during this period. NVTC will allow for 7-day advance booking for all players June 15 – September 15 starting in 2022.
Rules for the Cardholder:
- Guest rules apply to advance bookings only, not 24 hour bookings
- A cardholder and their guest(s) must check-in at the front desk before proceeding onto the court
- Booking card holders who are playing as guests do not pay the $7 guest fee.
Rules for the Guest:
- A person may play as a guest an unlimited number of times, provided that they pay the $7.00 guest fee over and above the court fee for each visit. Valid for 1 full day
- The guest fee must be paid at the time of booking
Violations of booking rules may result in cardholders having their privileges suspended.
- Court must be claimed within 15 minutes of your start time (or we can re-book it)
- Check in at the desk and pay all fees before proceeding to your court.
- Booking card-holders must scan their Booking Card. All other players must check-in with the front desk
- All players must vacate the court promptly when the buzzer sounds. (Please do not ask players to wait until you finish a game)
- No more than four (4) players per court at any time.
- Appropriate tennis attire is required. Non-marking tennis shoes must be worn.
- Please observe common rules of tennis etiquette.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Tennis Centre or on Tennis Centre property.
- Children must not be left unsupervised on the premises.
- No food or drink (except water in plastic containers) on the courts.
- Court nets may be closed for the comfort of those needing a contained court.
- Coaching on court by non-NVTC staff is not permitted.
- No more than six (6) balls allowed on the court (with the exception of NVTC programs, coach approved performance players and ball machine)
Whether you want to play socially or compete on the international NEC Wheelchair Tennis Tour, the coaching staff at the North Vancouver Tennis Centre can help you learn and further develop your skills in wheelchair tennis.
For more information, contact our Tennis Director, Wayne Elderton by email or call 604-983-6482.
Did You Know?
- The game follows the same rules the International Tennis Federation has for able-bodied tennis players- but it allows the wheelchair tennis player two bounces of the ball
- Wheelchair tennis is played on a regular tennis court, with regular racquets and balls
- Beginners don't require a sports wheelchair.
Outdoor tennis courts are maintained by the City and District of North Vancouver. Any questions about outdoor tennis courts should be directed to the City of North Vancouver or the District of North Vancouver.