The North Vancouver Tennis Centre (NVTC) is a public tennis facility operated by North Vancouver Recreation and Culture.
The facility features 9 indoor tennis courts, an observation lounge and change rooms with showers. NVTC is also an official Tennis Canada Development Centre and has attracted an outstanding roster of coaches who have created one of the best development programs in Canada.
280 Lloyd Ave
North Vancouver, BC
Indoor courts at the North Vancouver Tennis Centre can be booked for play by calling 604-983-6483.
24 Hour Court Bookings
We're happy to announce that starting Monday Feb. 8, 2021 at 7:00am you will be able to book our 24 hour courts online.
One court is reserved throughout the day as a ’24 hour Court’. This court is not available for 7-day advanced booking and is only able to be booked 24 hours in advance by Booking Card holders and non-card-holders alike. Based on current public Health Orders, only 2 players are allowed on the court for these bookings.
View the available times and book your court online.
All prices shown include tax
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 12:30pm & 3:30 - 10:00pm
Saturdays & Sundays: 8:00am- 5:00pm
- $28.00/ 1 hour
- $42.00/ 1.5 hours
- $56.00 / 2 hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 9:00am & 12:30 - 3:30pm
Saturdays & Sundays: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- $25.00 / 1 hour
- $37.00 / 1.5 hours
- $50.00 / 2 hours
Early Morning*/ Late Evening
Monday - Sunday 7:00 - 8:00am
Monday - Friday: 9:00 - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:00 - 9:00pm
- $20.00 / 1 hour
- $30.00 / 1.5 hours
- $40.00 / 1.5 hours
* Note: Early morning times must be booked by 12:00pm the day before or the facility will not open until 8:00am.
Spring 2021 Program Registration
Tennis program registration has seen high demand for many years and even more so during the pandemic due to lower capacities in classes. Many lessons are full with waitlists and as a result NVRC has taken the decision to provide priority residents-first registration for tennis programs. Residents of the City and District of North Vancouver are eligible for priority residents-first registration and proof of residency may be required.
Adult program registration, Tuesday, March 9
- 7:00–9:00am North Vancouver residents only (City and District of North Vancouver)
- 9:00am onwards: all customers
Juniors’ program registration, Wednesday, March 10
- 7:00am onwards for all customers
Any player can book a court at NVTC 24-hours in advance. For players who want the option to organize their game further ahead of time, a booking card is available which allows a player to book one booking per week, 7 days in advance (Booking cardholders can book again once their booking is completed). Players participating in that booking have to pay a $7.00 Guest Fee if they do not have a booking card.
Tennis Booking Cards Sold Out
To ensure a positive customer experience for booking card holders there is a fixed number of booking cards available for purchase and we have recently reached this number of cards. Booking cards allow people to book a court up to 7 days in advance.
Call us at 604 983 6483 to add your name to the waiting list.
Adult Booking Card: $126.25
Junior Booking Card (Under 18 yrs old): $71.87
(Prices include tax)
Court Booking Procedures for Advance Bookings
(Please Note: You are fully responsible to monitor your compliance to all the rules)
- Cardholders may book up to seven (7) days in advance from the start of court time (e.g. to book 8:00 pm Friday, you cannot book before 8:00pm the Friday before)
- Bookings & cancellations can only be made by the individual whose name is on the booking card
- A cardholder may book only one advance booking at a time and cannot book another until the original booking time has expired
- A card-holder may bring up to 3 guests
- Guests must be registered at the time of booking. A $7 per guest fee is due at time of payment. This is in addition to the court fees
- Cardholders may book in person or by phone – phone in only for courts weekdays from 5:30pm and onwards and at all times on weekends. (Phone in only during COVID)
- One booking per phone call only
- Cardholders booking in person must not be playing tennis and must be off the court and waiting at the front desk. (Phone in only during COVID)
- A booking card number is required when booking the court
- If the cardholder is unable to play they must inform the desk staff a minimum of 24 hours prior to the booked time and cancel the court or full fees are payable. They may also transfer their booking to another person (allowed up to 3 times per calendar year) by paying a $5.00 administration fee (applied to each transfer)
- Booking card privileges may not be used for coaching
- Cardholders must scan their booking card before proceeding onto court.
Rules for the Cardholder:
- Guest rules apply to advance bookings only, not 24 hour bookings
- A cardholder and their guest(s) must check-in at the front desk before proceeding onto the court
- Booking card holders who are playing as guests do not pay the $7 guest fee.
Rules for the Guest:
- A person may play as a guest an unlimited number of times, provided that they pay the $7.00 guest fee over and above the court fee for each visit. Valid for 1 full day
- The guest fee must be paid at the time of booking
- The North Vancouver Tennis Centre will NOT notify the cardholder of their approaching expiration date
- The cardholder may renew up to one (1) month before expiration
- The cardholder may renew up to one (1) week after expiration.
Violations of booking rules may result in cardholders having their privileges suspended.
- Court must be claimed within 15 minutes of your start time (or we can re-book it)
- Check in at the desk and pay all fees before proceeding to your court.
- Booking card-holders must scan their Booking Card. All other players must check-in with the front desk
- All players must vacate the court promptly when the buzzer sounds. (Please do not ask players to wait until you finish a game)
- No more than four (4) players per court at any time.
- Appropriate tennis attire is required. Non-marking tennis shoes must be worn.
- Please observe common rules of tennis etiquette.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Tennis Centre or on Tennis Centre property.
- Children must not be left unsupervised on the premises.
- No food or drink (except water in plastic containers) on the courts.
- Court nets may be closed for the comfort of those needing a contained court.
- Coaching on court by non-NVTC staff is not permitted.
- No more than six (6) balls allowed on the court (with the exception of NVTC programs, coach approved performance players and ball machine)