We have junior programs for ages 4 - 18 years old, from scratch beginners to internationally ranked players.
The program is split into three ‘streams’:
- Recreational for players just learning the game
- Competitive for players with more skill and experience
- Performance for players looking to be national and international level players. (Application process required)
For all our under 10 players, we use the International Tennis Federation endorsed Red/Orange/Green system of modified courts and balls scaled for the size and abilities of children.
For players just starting the game, to intermediate players. This stream develops fundamental skills to enjoy tennis for a lifetime. Our Red/Orange/Green (ROG) tennis programs utilize the new international standard of scaling the game appropriately for the size of the child.
- Red Ball programs (6-8 yrs) will have a maximum coach/student ratio of 1:8.
- Orange and Green Ball programs will have a ratio of 1:6.
View the Junior Recreational Program Brochure and learn more about the junior development pathway.
Please print our Youth Fundamentals Program Report and bring it with you to your coach/parent meetings.
Junior Red Orange Green (ROG) Tennis Video
Watch how we teach young children the fundamentals of tennis.
Upon mastering certain skills, players will be informed by coaching staff when they are ready to graduate to the next program. Players may request to participate in free scheduled assessment times to confirm their level. We reserve the right to withdraw any player from a program if coaching staff believe they are not at the appropriate level.
The Competitive Programs are designed for skilled players who are unable to commit to a full competition schedule or, do not meet the requirements for the Performance Academy. This program develops skills required to successfully compete in age appropriate competitions (e.g. Rookie Tours, Provincial tournaments, and high school team tennis).
View the Junior Competitive and Performance Programs Brochure (PDF) and learn more about the junior development pathway.
Players may only register for the Competitive programs if they have been approved by coaching staff through an assessment process. For Competitive program registration, please contact the Centre directly at 604-983-6483.
North Vancouver Tennis Centre is a designated Tennis Canada High Performance Development Centre. The Performance Academy programs develop the tactical decision-making, psychological, physical and technical skills necessary to perform successfully in Provincial, National and International competition.
Players from the North Vancouver Tennis Centre program have won Provincial and National titles, achieved Division 1 NCAA University Scholarships and some have even gone on to professional tennis. View our Performance Academy Brochure (PDF) for more information.
Individuals must apply to participate in all Junior Performance Academy programs.
Please read through this information before completing the application form.
Application for Junior Performance Academy programs (U9/U10/U12-U18 )
Download the application form onto your computer (do not complete it in your browser), complete it and email it to: email@example.com
Refund policy for programs shorter than 12 weeks:
Full refund available by withdrawing 5 days prior to first class. Full refund less cost of one class available until second class. No refunds after second class.
Refund procedures for programs running September-June:
- You are registering for the full school year (Sept-June).
- Registrations occurring after the program has begun will be pro-rated.
- Withdrawal: We require written notice of withdrawal (email will suffice) at which time we will cancel your monthly payments. There is a withdrawal fee of $100-$300 depending on the program.
- Long-Term Injury: Valid Doctor’s note is required. A full refund is available for the remainder of the classes. Withdrawing will open your spot for any players on the waiting list to take.
- Short-Term Injury: Refunds are available for over 2 weeks missed however, 25% of the total classes missed will be charged as a ‘holding fee’ to maintain your spot in the program. A valid doctor’s note is required prior to receiving a refund. (no retroactive refunds are available).
We have very limited availability for private and semi-private tennis lessons. Please contact the North Vancouver Tennis Centre to see what options are available: 604-983-6483.