Withdrawals and Cancellations
You've taken the time to register with North Vancouver Recreation and Culture, and now your plans have changed. We may be able to issue you a credit or give you a refund, depending on what you're withdrawing from and how and when you registered.
Refund Policy Changes due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our standard refund policy applies with the following temporary exception during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- If you are not able to attend the program due COVID-related to sickness, as long as you cancel prior to the start of the class, a full refund will be provided. Please contact NVRC at 604-987-7529 before the start of the class so another community member can take part.
- If an outdoor class is cancelled due to bad weather, NVRC will contact you one hour prior to the class. Please ensure your account has a phone number you can be reached at. Call NVRC at 604 987 7529 to update your details.
Some of our public sessions require advanced booking, e.g., fitness classes, badminton, basketball etc., these are termed 'visits'.
Can’t make your pre-booked visit? Please remember to cancel your visit online, by email or by calling 604-987-7529, at least 24 hours in advance so others can sign up for the spot. Visit the registration support page to watch a how-to cancel video.
- Withdrawals made 3 days or more prior to your visit are fully refundable
- Withdrawals made with 2 days or less notice are non-refundable
- Membership holders can withdraw at any time with no penalty
- To receive a full refund you must withdraw online or by calling 604-987-7529 more than 7 days before the first day of the program.
- Withdrawals made 7 days, or less, prior to the first day of a multi-class program must be done by calling 604.987.7529 and you will be refunded less the pro-rated cost of one class.
- No refund is available for programs after the start of the second class.
- The day the program starts is not included in the more than 7 days’ required notice.
BC Vaccination Card
From September 13, 2021 customers attending certain activities at NVRC facilities (see list below) will be required to show proof of vaccination as required by the provincial health order.
- Fitness centre (13 years+)
- Adult fitness classes and programs (19 years+)
- Adult sports programs (19 years+)
- Adult dance programs (19 years+)
- Any indoor activities or rentals with over 50 participants* ( 12 years+) e. g. events, competitions, games or practices
- All adults (19 years+) attending Canlan Ice Sports for any reason. For children/youth proof of vaccination requirements, see the skating page.
* Except for children and youth programs and activities (under the age of 22 years)
For these activities, from September 13, customers must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and starting October 24, 2021 customers must be fully vaccinated to enter an NVRC facility.
If you will be unable to provide proof of vaccination please contact NVRC more than 7 days in advance of your program start date to receive a refund.
- When you purchase an NVRC fitness membership you are not tied into a contract and you can cancel your membership at any time. Refunds are prorated on a daily basis. Call 604-987-7529 to cancel your membership.
Personal Training Services
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy for personal training appointments.
- Clients must give one calendar months’ notice to withdraw without penalty (i.e. notice to withdraw on November 1 must be received by September 30).
- Withdrawals are not permitted for the months of December, March, May or June.
- Clients withdrawing without notice will be charged one additional month’s fee.
- The extra fee (toy/admin) is non-refundable.
- Clients withdrawing from one NVRC preschool and registering in another NVRC preschool will be required to pay an additional extra (toy/admin) fee.
- Clients changing classes within the same preschool will not be charged the additional extra (toy/admin) fee.
- To receive a full refund you must withdraw in person or online more than 7 days before the first day of the weekly camp.
- Withdrawals made 7 days, or less, prior to the first day of a weekly camp must be done in person or by calling 604.987.7529 and will receive a 50% refund.
- Withdrawals made after the start of the camp will not receive a refund.
Single Day Camps & Single Day Events
- To receive a full refund you must withdraw in person or online more than 7 days before the day of the camp/event.
- Withdrawals made 7 days, or less, prior to the day of the camp/event will not receive a refund.
- The day the camp/event starts is not included in the more than 7 days’ required notice.
Long Term Tennis Programs Withdrawal (September-June, September –August)
- Clients must give one calendar months’ notice (by email) to withdraw without penalty (i.e. notice to withdraw on December 1 must be received by October 31)
- Clients withdrawing without notice will be charged withdrawal fee (see program brochure for specific fees)
- Clients changing classes within the tennis program will not be charged any transfer fees. Any difference in program prices will be payable (if the fee of the program being transferred into is higher) or, refunded (if the program being transferred into has a lower fee). Transfers will only be processed at the beginning of a month (no transfers in the middle of a month).
Leadership Refunds and Special Events
- Withdrawals made more than 7 days prior to the start of the program or event will be refunded in full.
- Withdrawals made 7 days, or less, prior to the start of the program or event will not receive a refund, nor will there be any refund on extra fees assigned to the leadership program.
- Withdrawals made 14 days in advance of the party will receive a full refund.
- Withdrawals made less than 14 days in advance of the party will receive a 50% refund.
- Withdrawals made more than 7 days prior to the start of the workshop will be refunded in full.
- Withdrawals made 7 days or less prior to the start of the workshop will receive a 50% refund.
- Withdrawals made after the first day of the workshop will not receive a refund.
Programs that do not meet the minimum number of participants may be cancelled. We encourage everyone to register early as we do provide refunds if classes are cancelled. On occasion, some classes may run under minimum but may be cancelled after the first class if they do not meet registration minimums by the end of the first class. In these cases, registrants will be charged for one class and a refund will be issued for the remaining amounts. Program cancellation decisions are usually made 1-3 days prior to the start of the program.