Your Fitness Membership - Your Way!
Our fitness memberships offer you multiple ways to improve your fitness and stay active. And.. there's no contract or hidden fees!
For the latest information please visit the COVID-19 Fitness page
What's included in your membership:
- Access to fitness centres
- Public swim and public skate sessions
- Outdoor low and high intensity fitness classes
- Indoor low intensity fitness classes (from May 31, 2021)
- Water-based fitness classes (excludes registered fitness classes)
- Lane swimming
Please note: All activities currently require advance registration.
Fitness Membership and Daily Visits
Fitness memberships can be purchased at the following rates per month, up to 12 months in total:
|Adult (19-64yrs)||Senior (65yrs +) & Student (19-64yrs) *||Child (3-12yrs)
All prices include taxes
* Student membership is available to students with a valid student ID who present their current registration showing a minimum of 3 courses per semester.
**Youth 13-14yrs must go through an orientation prior to using the fitness centre on their own.
Where to Buy
To purchase a fitness membership online you must first log-in to your account and click on 'Buy a Membership' at the top of the page. You can also purchase a membership by calling 604-987-7529.
Can’t make your pre-booked visit?
Please remember to cancel so others can sign up for the spot.
We know plans can change. So if you are unable to attend your pre-booked visits for fitness centres, fitness classes, swimming and skating, we ask that you please cancel online as soon as you know you can’t attend. This will free up your spot for others who want to get active.
Recently, we have seen an increase in customers not showing up for their visit AND we have more people going on the wait-list trying to get a spot. If everyone is considerate and cancels their unwanted visits, we can serve more people and there will be more space for you when you want to book!
Thanks for your help in ensuring everyone can stay active!
You can cancel a visit online and we ask that you cancel as early as possible (at least 24 hours in advance) so we can provide the spot to someone on the waitlist. Visit the registration support page to watch a how-to cancel video.
Updated Fitness Centre Mask Protocol – April 2021
Wearing a mask is now required at all times while exercising indoors by order of the Provincial Health Officer. This includes while exercising on cardio equipment. In addition, participants are required to keep 3m away from each other when they are moving around in the fitness centre space.
People who are unable to wear a mask due to a health condition or a physical, cognitive or mental impairment, and people who are unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person are exempt from mask requirements. People who are unable to wear a mask must maintain at least 3m distance at all times when in the facility.
New No-Show Procedure
This new procedure has been implemented to maximize the number of spots for all community members to stay active.
Starting March 15, 2021, if you are registered for a fitness centre session and you don’t show up, or don’t cancel your spot at least one hour (60 minutes) before the start time, NVRC will consider this a No Show.
Once you have three no-show visits in a week, your account will be suspended online for one week and you will need to call to make any registrations. Please note the following procedure:
- If you don’t show up or cancel your spot at least one hour (60 minutes) before the start time of your fitness centre visit, we will email you and note the No Show on your account.
- If, for a second time in the week, you don’t show up or cancel your spot at least one hour (60 minutes) before the start time, we will contact you by email and record the second No Show on your account.
- If, for a third time, you don’t show up or cancel your spot at least one hour (60 minutes) before the start time, we will contact you by email, record the third No Show on your account, and suspend your online account for one week.
During the week that customers do not have access to their online account, all registrations will need to be made by calling our call centre at 604-987-7529.
Should a customer have their online account suspended for two weeks (not necessarily consecutively) and then no-show three times in one week again, this will result in access to the fitness centre being revoked for one week and no refund will be provided.
This does not change the rules regarding receiving a refund when cancelling a visit, 3 days notice is still required to receive a refund.
When you purchase an NVRC fitness membership you are not tied into a contract and you can cancel your membership at any time. Refunds are prorated on a daily basis. If you wish to cancel your membership, please call us at 604-987-7529.
FLEX10: No refunds.