We provide a range of swimming opportunities including swim lessons for all ages and abilities.
Preschool Learn to Swim Program
Our preschool swim lessons are designed to focus on fundamental movement skills, stroke progressions, safety education and fun in the pool. View Programs
- Parent Participation 30 minute lessons are designed to introduce your child to the water and teach safety in and around the pool
- On My Own 30 minute lessons are designed to teach fundamental movement skills in swimming. The basics of the four swimming strokes (front crawl, backstroke, breastroke and butterfly are introduced as well as safety around the pool
- On My Own 45 minute lessons are designed to add stroke technique to fundamental movement skills. Endurance and safety in and around the pool are also taught.
I Can Swim and NVRC Swim Academy
School aged children (ages 5 - 12) can start or continue developing their swimming skills with NVRC's I Can Swim lessons and NVRC Swim Academy. View Programs
What Makes I Can Swim Different?
Experience based on a learner-centered developmentally appropriate approach
Early introduction of the four swimming strokes; getting kids to swim right from the start
Continuous improvement focusing on water safety, mastery and confidence in the pool
Continuous recognition of achievements rather than a pass/fail approach
Advancement depends on frequency of lessons and how often a child practices skills
NVRC Swim Academy
This program offers swimmers guidance through a swim workout emphasizing skill, stroke improvement and swim endurance. New participants should contact the Aquatic Supervisor at the facility they wish to participate at to arrange an assessment before registration. For Harry Jerome, call 604-983-6429. For Ron Andrews, call 604-983-6506.
Practice makes perfect! Here are three simple tips on how you can help your child practice and improve their swimming skill:
- Take your kids to public swims and have fun with them in the pool
- Ask them to show you what they learned in class (and watch them practice!)
- Practice swimming with them if you are able.
Want more personalized instruction? Whether you are a beginner swimmer, wanting to improve your stroke, or training for a triathalon, our private and semi-private 30-minute lessons can help you achieve your goals. For more information, call the facility you would like to take lessons at:
|Single Lesson||Package of 5 Lessons|
|Child Private (1/2 hour)||$30||$135|
|Adult Private (1/2 hour)||$31.50||$141.75|
|Child Semi Private - 2 Children (1/2 hour)||$22.50 each child||$101.25 each child|
|Adult Semi Private - 2 Adults (1/2 hour)||$23.63 each adult||$106.34 each adult|
Are you or your child passionate about swimming? The North Shore is home to six community swim clubs that offer training in competitive swimming, diving and waterpolo: