Skating - A Canadian Tradition
It’s never too late to learn how to skate. Our Learn to Skate programs are suitable for all ages, abilities and skill levels and provide life-long skating skills as well as the basic skills to progress into more advanced ice sports such as Hockey, Ringette and Figure Skating.
Welcome back to the NVRC arenas. Your health and safety is our top priority.
Registration for skating lessons can be completed online or by calling 604-987-7529.
Public Skate Sessions
You can now drop in to public skate session, pre-registration is no longer required. View our public skate schedule.
|2021 Single Admission Fees|
|Children under 3yrs||Free|
|Student (19-64yrs with valid student ID)||$4.84|
|Seniors (65yrs & older)||$4.84|
|Family*||$3.21 per person ($6.42 min)|
|Stick & Puck||$6|
All admission prices include tax. * Family refers to one or two adults of the same household with their children or youth
- For lessons, skate and helmet rental is done at the time of registration.
- Helmets and skates are available for rent at public skate sessions.
- Children 12 & under are required to wear a helmet while on the ice. Please bring your own helmet, preferably a CSA approved hockey or skateboard helmet. Bike helmets are not recommended. All skate lesson participants must wear a helmet.
- Skating aids are available during family skate sessions.
Please speak to a staff member if you have any questions or concerns.
The NVRC Learn to Skate program offers a wide variety of skating development programs to help meet the needs of any child or adult who wishes to learn to skate and improved their skating skills. Each level of the NVRC’s Learn to Skate program is designed to focus on the fundamental skills of skating with specific elements and exercises to be completed by the participant. Qualified instructors lead parents and children through various games and activities to make the children and adults reach a comfort level on the ice.
- Helmet - CSA approved (hockey, ski or snowboard). Helmets are not available to rent at this time.
- Warm gloves or mitts
- Warm jacket
- Hockey or figure skates (sharpened and laced tight). We do have skates available to rent.
- Snowpants or warm water-proof pants