Do you have a limited budget? Are you a resident of North Vancouver? If you cannot afford the full fee to participate in a recreation program, we can help you participate at a reduced rate.
Please bring to your appointment the following:
- Please bring proof of residency in North Vancouver (example - BC Hydro, telephone or cable bill)
Please also bring one of the following:
- A referral letter from a North Shore social services agency
- A tax assessment
- Disability Benefits statement
- Employment Insurance statement
- Income Assistance statement
Our staff will help you select the opportunities to participate at a reduced rate, depending on your goals and interests.
- Adults and youth, 15 years and older, can drop-in to 9 weight rooms at 6 locations and over 200 fitness classes.
Swim and Skate Pass
- Children, adults and youth can participate in public swim and skate sessions. Adults can participate in scheduled lane swimming sessions.
Registered Programs - arts, sports, swim and skate lessons and more
- Children, adults and youth can participate in a registered program.
Athletics 4 Kids (A4K) aims to eliminate the financial barriers to entry to youth amateur sports for families all around British Columbia. Eligible applicants, between the ages of 5-18 and enrolled in school, have 80% of their base registration fees paid for by A4K, up to an annual maximum of $600 per child. Please visit the Athletics for Kids website to view their eligibility guidelines and application instructions.
Download the Application Form (PDF).
KidSport™, the charitable arm of Sport BC, provides grants to financially disadvantaged children to cover the costs of sport registration fees. KidSport removes the financial barriers that prevent some children from playing sport in order to meet our mission....so All Kids Can Play!
For more information on KidSport™, visit their website or call 604-983-6444, Voice Mail Box #776. Please leave your name, telephone number and a brief message for the North Shore KidSport™ representative who will return your call.
Jumpstart is a national charity with a commitment to local communities. Canadian Tire Corporation founded Jumpstart and makes sure that the money raised stays where it is donated.
For information on Jumpstart and applying for assistance, visit their website or call 1-844-YES-PLAY.
Acrobat Reader is required to view PDFs. Download for free if needed.
*Links to external sites are provided for your convenience only. The North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission is not responsible for the accuracy and/or completeness of the information provided on these external sites, nor for the security and privacy policies of the linked sites.