Facility Equipment & Access
The mainstage floor is hardwood maple sprung on rubber cushions. No screws, nails, or other fasteners may be used without written permission from the Technical Director.
- Height: 16 ft.
- Width: 36 ft.
- Width drapes in: approx. 36 ft.
- House Curtain to Cyc: 31 ft.
- House Curtain to front of stage: 4 ft. without apron, 13 ft. with apron.
- Wings: Extend 42 ft. each side.
- Height Limits: 16 ft. 10 in. per side.
When covered, the pit forms an apron that extends the stage floor area by 13 ft. from House Curtain. The cover consists of sixteen plywood sections, approximate weight 75 lbs each. The orchestra pit can accommodate approximately 25 musicians depending on equipment requirements, . Free space approximately 290 sq. ft. There are weight restrictions on the orchestra pit cover. Please consult the Technical Director before placing significant loads on the cover.
NOTE: The orchestra pit cover will be in place upon arrival. The Licensee will be responsible for providing all necessary personnel to remove and replace the cover if required.
Stage Accessories - the following items are available for use:
- 2 Lecterns
- 1 conductor's podium
- 75 music stands
- 100 black orchestra chairs
- 6 - 4 ft x 8 ft. risers, 12 in. high.
- 4 - 4 ft x 8 ft. risers, 6in high.
- 1 rolling riser - 6 in. X 8 in. X 6 in. high
- 7 - 6 ft. x 33 ft. 3-tier Choir Risers tapered to form an arc.
The House Curtain is a red velour manual traveler. A complete set of black drapes and a cyclorama are hung in position. See Rigging section for details.
Yamaha (C3) 6 ft. Baby Grand. The piano cannot be placed on the orchestra pit cover.
- Christie DWU851Q Projector
- Full HD Resolution. (1920×1200 WUXGA)
- 7500 ANSI Lumens.
- Projector is permanently mounted in the booth and is suitable for the midstage or upstage screens.
- Additional charges will apply for use of the projector.
- Enter from 23rd Street, on east side of the Theatre.
- Dock height: 3 ft. 3 in. (.99M)
- Dock width: 14 ft. 9 in. (4.49M)
- The loading dock is at STAGE LEVEL.
- CAUTION NOTE FOR SEMI-TRAILERS: observe height restrictions on the overpass just east of the ramp down to the Loading Dock. Overpass height is 3.9M.
- Height: 12 ft. (3.65M)
- Width: 9 ft. 7 in. (2.9M)
Located at the bottom of the driveway beside the loading bay on the east side of the theatre. All performers should be directed to the Stage Door.
- Access from Stage Door, below stage.
- Two Chorus Dressing Rooms, each with mirrors, make-up lights, washrooms and shower facilities.
- A separate lockable Green Room with a couch and tea/coffee facilities is available.
- Two 2-person Star Dressing Rooms adjacent to washrooms. No facilities.
The Rehearsal/Performance Studio is a flexible space that can accommodate 85 people (theatre style) or 95 people standing and is available for rental for special events and receptions, dance classes, and other types of smaller scale events. The floorspace is 30 ft. by 36 ft. with a sprung hardwood floor, and 12 ft. height , and one mirrored wall on the west wall. Black drapes on all walls.
PLEASE NOTE: HELIUM FILLED BALLOONS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON STAGE OR IN THE AUDITORIUM. FOOD, DRINKS AND GUM ARE NOT PERMITTED ON STAGE.
TWO THEATRE TECHNICAL STAFF WILL BE PRESENT FOR ALL SCHEDULED HOURS OF THEATRE USAGE. The renter will provide a Stage Manager. Additional Crew can be provided by the venue at additional cost, or by the renter at the discretion of the Technical Director, to operate equipment necessary for the production. A flyman provided by the venue at additional cost will be required to allow use of the flying equipment during the show.