Registration for summer programs is just around the corner. Summer programs run in July and August and include camps, aquatics, sports, fitness, dance, arts, music and tennis.
• Swimming – opens Tuesday, May 16 at 7 a.m. for North Vancouver residents & 9 a.m. for all customers
• General programs & camps – opens Wednesday, May 17 at 7am for all customers
• Adult tennis – opens Tuesday, May 30 at 7 a.m. for North Vancouver residents & 9 a.m. for all customers
• Junior tennis – opens Wednesday, May 31 at 7 a.m. for North Vancouver residents & 9 a.m. for all customers
With thousands of people trying to register for programs at 7 a.m. on the first days of registration, we know that the online system and phones can be busy. To help you get ready for registration and have the best experience possible, we have updated and improved the registration information and support page on our website so all the information you need is in one spot. It has tips, how-to videos, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and technical problem-solving advice.
Here are a few top tips to help you prepare:
Choose the registration method that works best for you
We offer three ways to register:
- In person at any community recreation centre starting at 7 a.m. on the first day of registration (then during regular front desk hours after that)
- Call 604-987-7529 and speak to our customer service staff
- Online at nvrc.ca
Pick your programs ahead of time & have some alternate options
Search our website, find the programs in which you want to register and write down the course ID numbers. We recommend having some back-up programs in mind in case your preferred program is full. Consider times that might not have as high demand (Saturday mornings are very popular).
Check that your account is up-to-date
Go into your NVRC account before registration day and make sure that all your information is correct. If you are enrolling children or family members, they need to be added to your account.
If you don’t have a NVRC account, create a new account before registration day.
Have all the information you need at your fingertips on registration day
On the morning of registration be ready with your email and password, list of programs with course ID numbers and your credit card.
Did you know? You can put a credit on your account before registration day so you can save time by choosing account credit as your payment method . (Make sure you put enough dollars on the account to cover the cost of all the programs you want to register for!)
What to do if the program you want is full
In the event the program you were planning to register for is full, you can:
- Get on the waitlist in case a spot opens up. We will email you if space becomes available in the program.
- Register in an alternate program or time.
- Do both! If you get a waitlist spot in your preferred program, you can cancel your spot in the alternate one. Regular refund policies apply. (But in consideration of your fellow community members, please don’t hold too many spots. Please only waitlist for programs in which you fully intend to participate.)
How we prepare for registration
We’ve shared how you can get ready, but have you ever wondered how NVRC prepares to ensure a successful registration? Here are a few ways:
- We stage registrations over four days to help manage transaction volume, and allow community members to focus on specific programs and services.
- We offer North Vancouver resident-only access to tennis, aquatics and skating programs during the initial two-hours of each registration day (7 to 9 a.m.) to ensure community members have first access to these very popular programs.
- We have extra customer services staff in our call centre on registration days to answer your calls and provide assistance.
- Our information technology (IT) staff prepare our systems for increased volume, and are on deck on registration days to ensure our registration systems run smoothly and respond quickly to any issues.
- The communications and marketing team is on standby on registration days to provide updates on our website and social media, if necessary.
- We have a comprehensive registration information and support page on our website.
- Our programming staff monitor waitlists and add additional programs when possible to help meet demand.
These are just some of the ways we aim to provide a seamless experience for community members. If you have any questions about registration or need assistance, please visit one of our centres, call 604-987-7529 or email email@example.com.