Organizations that qualify for Operating Assistance have been identified because they play a leadership role in supporting the vitality and growth of the arts and creative sectors in North Vancouver.
Applications for 2020 Operating Assistance grants will be accepted between Tuesday December 9, 2019 and the submission deadline at 4:30 pm on Monday January 20, 2020.
Operating Assistance Guidelines
The Operating Assistance Guidelines provide important information including but not restricted to: eligibility considerations, submission processes, evaluation and review criteria, and annual reporting requirements.
A stable, sustainable and predictable funding environment enables groups to plan for their organizational development and future programing needs. Operating Assistance Grants may, at the recommendation of the Grants Committee, be approved for up to three (3) years. Grants recipients will be advised at the time of receiving a grant whether or not they are recommended for multi-year support.
Application Matreials will be posted here in the Fall. Check back after Friday October 25, 2019.
Qualification & Eligibility Criteria
Organizations that consider they may be eligible to apply for Operating Assistance should contact the Grants Officer prior to submitting an application.
In order to qualify for Operating Assistance, arts organizations must be in a position to demonstrate a leadership role in contributing to the vitality and growth of the arts and creative sectors in North Vancouver, including but not restricted to:
- Through the development, presentation or production of their own programs
- Through innovative and supportive partnerships with artists and with other groups in the creative and cultural sectors
- Through mentoring and support of emerging arts groups and practitioners OR
- Through their capacity to respond to and deliver on the municipalities’ goals and objectives for arts and cultural development.
In addition, in order to be considered eligible for Operating Assistance, organizations must:
- Be a registered not-for-profit or charitable organization whose primary purpose is to provide arts and cultural experiences in North Vancouver
- Be located in North Vancouver and have a history of arts activity in North Vancouver for at least two (2) years prior to the application and conduct the majority of their work in North Vancouver
- Employ paid staff (full or part-time) through professional arts practices, exhibit sound and independent management structures, provide strong leadership and offer either a year-round program or a full season of arts programming.