The purpose of Operating Assistance grants is to identify, support and sustain the work of groups and organizations that play a leadership role in the arts in North Vancouver by virtue of: the development, presentation or production of their own programs; their relationships with other groups in the creative and cultural sectors; the mentoring and support of emerging arts groups and practitioners; innovative partnerships with other sectors in the community; or their capacity to respond to and deliver on the municipalities’ goals and objectives for arts and cultural development.
The 2018 Operating Assistance Intake opens on December 5, 2017 and closes on January 16, 2018. Applications must be submitted no later than 4:30 pm on the submission deadline.
Note: application forms and documents will be posted by November 10, 2017
- Arts & Culture Grants | Client Profile
- Arts & Culture Grants | Board of Directors List
- Operating Assistance Grants | Application Form
- Operating Assistance Grants | Budget Form
- Arts & Culture Grants | Statistics Report
A stable, sustainable and predictable funding environment enables groups to plan for their organizational development and future programing needs. Operating Assistance Grants may, at the recommendation of the Grants Committee, be approved for up to three (3) years. Grants recipients will be advised at the time of receiving a grant whether or not they are recommended for multi-year support.
Operating Assistance Guidelines
The Operating Assistance Guidelines provide important information including but not restricted to: eligibility considerations, evaluation criteria, submission and financial reporting requirements. Please consult the Guidelines before contacting the Program Officer. Note: the Operating Assistance Guidelines will be posted here by November 10, 2017.
In order to be considered eligible for Operating Assistance, organizations must:
- be a registered not-for-profit or charitable organization whose primary purpose is to provide arts and cultural experiences in North Vancouver
- be located in North Vancouver and have a history of arts activity in North Vancouver for at least two (2) years prior to the application and conduct the majority of their work in North Vancouver
- employ paid staff (full or part-time) through professional arts practices, exhibit sound and independent management structures, provide strong leadership and offer either a year-round program or a full season of arts programming.
STAFF CONTACT: If you have any questions about Arts & Culture Grants, please contact the Program Officer.
John Rice, Cultural Services Officer
TEL: 604.983.6466 EMAIL