Booking a Field
To book a playing field for a sports tournament, call 604-983-6318 or use our online Parks & Playing Field Application to request a booking. Office Hours are 8:30-4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Tournament registration should be arranged six months to one year in advance to ensure correct booking and notification.
The Parks Department of the District of North Vancouver has established the following responsibilities and policies to ensure that park visitors and neighbours are respected during sport tournaments. Please read these carefully, and make sure your tournament organizers and participants are aware of them before the event.
Obligations of the Tournament Committee
Designated field marshals and designates shall be appointed and named on the permit to promote an effective communication link between tournament participants, neighbourhood residents, RCMP, and District, City or School District staff (including bylaw officers).
Responsibilities of the Tournament Committee include:
- Assigning a First Aid attendant for each location
- Communication (including notifying the neighbourhood of your event)
- Concession Extra needs (such as port-o-potties, garbage bags and cans, bleachers, tents, etc.)
- Garbage and clean-up
- Parking and traffic control
- Registration and scheduling (including awareness of field closures and organizing back-up fields)
- Washroom cleaning and monitoring (supplies, etc.).
Some of our grass and all weather fields have whiting or lime sheds for storing equipment and supplies for lining fields.
Home teams must line the field to the referee's satisfaction.
All permitted groups must use sports field whiting when marking lines on North Vancouver playing fields. Purchase a key to the whiting sheds for $5 each at the Delbrook Community Recreation Centre front desk. The Whiting shed key also locks and unlocks the Super 8 goal nets.
|Whiting Shed||Locations||Area Field Shed Location|
|Capilano||Cleveland||Northwest corner of building at west end of lower grass field|
|Delbrook||Storage box behind practice wall on north side of all weather field|
|Eldon||Field house door by Parking lot (new key same as Kirkstone)|
|Heywood||Two Metal containers with whiting and Liners|
|Sowden||Northwest corner of the field.|
|Kinsmen||Container with whiting and Liners|
|Norgate||Building north of field, northeast corner|
|Mahon||South Dug out with Whiting and Liners|
|Norseman||Container with Whiting and Liners|
|Lynn Valley||Kilmer||Northeast corner of grass field by driveway. Two liners can be stored here.|
|Kirkstone||Storage room, southeast corner of washroom building (new key same as Eldon)|
|Loutet||North end of #1 field, District lime shack key. Liners can be stored here.|
|Lynn Valley||Northeast corner of grass field. Two liners can be stored here.|
|Blueridge||Storage shed at north end of playing field. Two liners can be stored here.|
|Viewlynn||Caretaker's Storage area in washroom building.|
|Seymour||Inter-River (top fields)||Through gate to top fields (#4-5-6) on right side of parking lot. Two liners can be stored here.|
|Inter-River (bottom fields)||Cement storage shed behind backstop|
|McCartney||Storage room at east end of building (key required for door, available at Delbrook)|
|Myrtle||Park Storage box next to lighting kiosk on all weather field. Two liners can be stored here|
|Parkgate||Shed at east end of parking lot. Two liners can be stored here.|
|Seylynn||Shed under the stairs South side of Seylynn Hall|
Field & Lacrosse Box Lighting
Several North Vancouver playing fields and lacrosse boxes are equipped with outdoor lighting. To use these facilities, your group must have a confirmed booking with the North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission. You can request a field booking by calling the Field Allocation office at 604-983-6318 between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, or by using our online Parks & Playing Field Application.
Access to lighting boxes is available 7 days a week. Lights may be on during the times indicated below. Call us to arrange a convenient time to purchase the lighting box key from the front desk at the New Delbrook Community Recreation Centre .
The artificial turf fields are all on the same code pad. The code for the lights is 505001.
The first person using the key should leave it in the slot. The last person to leave needs to take the key out. Coaches should exchange keys to avoid turning the lights off and on again between groups.
For more information, call 604-983-6318 or email.
Lacrosse Box Lighting
|Inter-River Park||4:00 - 9:30 pm||Switch box on west face of building between washrooms|
|Myrtle Park||4:00 - 10:00 pm||Push button on side of control shed, east side of field|
Playing Field Lighting
|Argyle||4:00 - 10:00 pm||
Side of control box, north east corner of field
|Confederation (City)||4:00 - 10:00 pm||
North side of field, west end of grandstand, in fenced off area
|Delbrook||4:00 - 10:00 pm||Side of control box, north side of field|
|Griffin||4:00 - 11:00 pm||Switch box on north west light tower, key code 505001|
|Heywood (City)||4:00 - 10:00 pm||North end of control box, east side of south field|
|Kilmer||4:00 - 10:00 pm||Front face of control shed|
|Kinsmen North (City)||4:00 - 10:00 pm||North side of control box|
|Kirkstone||4:00 - 10:00 pm||Southeast corner of field on grass bank between curb & field|
|Lynn Valley||4:00 - 9:00 pm||Side of control kiosk, north west corner of field|
|Mahon (City)||4:00 - 10:30 pm||Lights set remotely via internet|
|Maplewood||4:00 - 10:00 pm||Side of control box, east side of field|
|Myrtle||4:00 - 10:00 pm||Back face of control shed, east side of field|
|Parkgate||4:00 - 11:00 pm||Side of control kiosk, north side of parking lot near washrooms|
|Sunrise (City)||4:00 - 9:00 pm||South west corner of field|
|Sutherland (City)||4:00-10:00pm||The key pad is located on the light standard close to the washrooms.
To activate lights key in 505001 then the pound, to turn off key in 505001 then the star key.
|Windsor||4:00 - 11:00 pm||
Side of green control box on hill below drop off area. Key code 505001
Track lighting is on light standard by entrance to field .(Push button)
The artificial turf fields are all on the same code pad for the lights 505001 except for the Kirkstone Artificial turf, which uses the District light key it can be purchased from the Delbrook Community front desk. Fen Burdett has an automatic light system and does not require users to turn them on and off.
Super 8 goal keys, which also open the lime sheds can be purchased for $5 at the front desk of the Delbrook Community Recreation Centre.
Practicing on grass fields in the City and District of North Vancouver is not allowed. The grass fields are “reserved” for league play with permits only. Closures of grass fields is done so that we can provide quality grass fields that will remain in good shape through the winter months therefore keeping field closures to a minimum.
Besides respecting other park visitors and neighbours, your sport group should also keep the following in mind.
- Alcohol Consumption is prohibited except where Special Event Permit, RCMP, and Park permission is approved.
- Dogs are not allowed on sports fields, playgrounds or picnic areas at any time. Please inform teams from outside of North Vancouver of this bylaw to avoid any problems with the SPCA or bylaw officers. Food may not be sold without a special event permit.
- Garbage, including picnic and concession materials, must be put in garbage containers or taken away. If garbage cans become full, please remove the garbage and add a new bag. Take full bags to a dumpster or lock up in building for later removal. The dumping of ice, excess juice, water, or food on grass areas is forbidden. Briquette ashes must be dumped into the designated concrete ash receptacle (not in garbage cans or on lawns, bush areas, gardens and beaches).
- Gas, propane or hibachi barbecues are allowed in off-field areas.
- General cleanup after the tournament must ensure that playing fields and field houses (including change rooms, washrooms, concessions) are left in a clean condition. Sports gear must be stored and secured, and sports materials (such as whiting) must be locked away and secured.
- Noise from P.A. systems or loud speakers is not permitted near residential buildings without relaxation of Noise Bylaw #5986 enacted by Mayor and Council.
- Parking should follow local parking regulations to avoid bylaw infractions and tickets. Park in park or school parking lots, wherever possible. Do not park in adjacent neighbourhoods. If excess parking is required, contact Donna Howes in Traffic, (604) 990-2402. It may be necessary to relax or increase parking restrictions during tournament times. It is recommended that residents living in close proximity to the venue be notified of the date and time that the tournament is to be held, and that the organizer asks for their patience regarding parking and incoming/outgoing traffic.
- Special vending concessions require Park permits and health permits.
- Tournament start and stop times are between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Please respect neighbours when early set-up or takedown of equipment is required.
- Washroom cleaning and supplies replacement may be required by the tournament organizers periodically, particularly for all day tournaments. Caretakers are only on site to open and clean washrooms each morning.
View all Park and Field Use Policies.