Celebrating local heroes, inspiring our community.
In 2019, the North Shore Sports Hall of Fame is relaunching with a brand new awards program to celebrate the legacy of the North Shore’s greatest athletes, coaches, sport builders and teams.
Building on the success of the annual North Shore Sport Awards (now in its 19th year) which recognizes local sport accomplishments in the past year, the North Shore Sports Hall of Fame will honour those who have created a legacy through their lifetime of sport achievement.
If you have any questions or comments for the North Shore Sports Hall of Fame Committee, please email Darcie Montgomery.
The North Shore Sports Hall of Fame inductees for 2019 will be announced at the North Shore Sport Awards event on Thursday, March 14 at 7:00pm at the West Vancouver Community Centre located at 2121 Marine Drive in West Vancouver.
Swimmer Elaine Tanner (pictured above right) who won three medals at the 1968 Summer Olympics, was an original inductee in the North Shore Sports Hall of Fame. Photo supplied by Canadian Press/Canadian Olympic Committee.
- Henry Baker, lacrosse player
- Caroline Deacon, tennis player
- Sam Gardiner and Dick Williams, North Vancouver Lawn Bowling Club pair
- Harry Jerome, track and field runner
- Jim Spencer, former BC Soccer president and North Shore soccer builder
- Elaine Tanner, Olympic swimmer
- Eleanor Young Stonehouse, tennis player
- Bill Parnell, track and field runner
- Sandra Hartley, gymnast
- Jay Humphry, figure skater
- Dorothy Lidstone, archer
- Tommy Nelson, soccer builder
2019 – to be announced March 14, 2019
- Builders (including officials, administrators and media)
Connection to the North Shore community.
a. Individuals: at least one of the following:
- Person lived on the North Shore during much of the time of their significant sports achievements.
- Person spent their youth on the North Shore involved in sports
- Person was born on the North Shore
- Team must represent the North Shore or a North Shore club or school.
Length of time for nominees to be retired
Length of time nominations can remain on the nomination list
- Any person may make a nomination
- Nominations for the 2020 North Shore Sports Hall of Fame will be accepted after July 1, 2019
- An online form will be available on this webpage as of May 1, 2019.